ERG based Workouts in RGT

You can carry out a workout on any Real or Magic Road that’s available to you for your Subscription type :slight_smile: . A small number of workouts are available to Freemium users including FTP tests (please read the instructions for the workouts - erg is turned OFF in FTP tests and you need to reduce your profile FTP before the workout so that RGT can easily detect the new FTP from the workout).
There is a MUCH larger library available to Premium users :slight_smile:
Premium users can create their own .erg, .fit, .zwo, or .mrc files in any of the third party workout creation apps and simply email the file to RGT. The workout will then be available in their personal workout library within a matter of minutes!
The ride speed is calculated realistically based on the W/Kg being created by the rider, so don’t be surprised if you see some PB’s for some sections :wink: You will travel through the roads exactly as if you were doing a free ride and riding at the same power as the interval. The interval target can be adjusted at any time using the appropriate +/- controls.
If you wish to exit the workout and simply ride to the profile of the road you are on, then simply turn ERG off. If you wish to return to the workout, turn EFG back on again. The ERG control will not take over again until the start of the NEXT interval.
Please note that RGT is not responsible for controlling the resistance during each interval - RGT sends a single command to the trainer at the start of the interval (say control to 200 Watts), then the trainers internal electronics modulate the resistance to achieve that interval target until the next interval when a new single command is sent to the trainer. Any issues with failing to control to the target resistance are within the trainer itself and not caused by RGT (this is common with most training software not just RGT) :slight_smile:
Workouts – Wahoo Fitness Support

2 Likes

Slightly confused by the reference to “third party workout creation apps”.
Where can I get one please?

1 Like

For example, my favourite online ZWO workout creation tool is zwofactory or I export workouts from my Today’s Plan library, where I can create my own workouts (and believe that TrainingPeaks has builder/export workout functionality too, but I am not user of TrainingPeaks). There is also online converter between various workout formats (.zwo, .mrc, .erg, .fit) - workout converter.

3 Likes

I user TrainerDay linked to the free version of TrainingPeaks, Workouts then automatically appear in RGT as scheduled workouts (same in Zwift)

3 Likes

Most helpful, many thanks.

1 Like