Knighthood on 28th May 2022

Yes creamy. I have seen the little tubes of squeezable stuff the store lately, maybe I could use one of those instead of a baggie.

I also bought some little runner hydration “pouches” that I fill with maple syrup and use as a gel. Sugar rush and a consistency that doesn’t make me want to yak.

I think we have a variation of rice crispies here as well, just that it’s more commonly found during the festive seasons.
I would consider myself pretty well disciplined and able to resist Couchlandrian snacks, with exception for donuts. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I did see this just the other day at Decathlon and was a little tempted to buy one but resisted that temptation to get one.
By far, I am still quite used to GU’s energy gels but they are kind of expensive over here costing about 2 USD. Haven’t yet tried much other brands and definitely won’t be trying anything which I am not used to until I am done with the quest :smiley:

1 Like

Sharing in advance my photo/video album for my quest scheduled for 28th May 2022.
That’s in 3 days time!

KoS Attempt - 28th May 2022
I would be using the hashtags #IWBMATTKYT #tuhntf #KnightsofSufferlandria

2 Likes

Good morning from Malaysia!
It’s D-day and it’s time. Feeling a little nervous but yet excited for the quest.

Will be posting updates on the Sufferlandria FB group :grinning:
All the best to those who are also doing the quest today!

Time to prepare to crush it :muscle:t3:

3 Likes

@DarrenWCKam Stay focused on the goal!

1 Like

You’re ready, no fear. Crush it!

1 Like

I use Honey Stinger gels. They’re made with more natural ingredients. I like the citrus flavor and I used them in my triathlons and my marathon.

But then this year my mail-order supplier didn’t have them and I bought a box of 32 of their original honey flavor. The box arrived in the mail with one gel leaked all over the inside the box and so they sent me a second box free. I managed to clean them all off in the sink so I then had 64 of them sat a great price!

I ate the first one and found they were NOT as pleasant as their citrus gels. They would burn my throat if I didn’t immediately follow it up with copious amounts of water or Gatorade. I finally finished the first box this morning. I’m dreading the second box.

I bought a box of 12 of their Honey Stinger maple flavored waffles. Pretty much like a soft stroopwaffle. They’re much better and easier to eat, but leave a lot of crumbs.

I’m hoping their citrus flavor comes back in stock again soon.

Who Dares is done.
Typing this using voice recognition and doing the powerstation warm-up now cheers guys

2 Likes

Almost done with power station. Swapped team scream with power station and did this ride at 75% instead of 70%

Oh I forgot to mention that I will be pledging 1MYR for every kilometer clocked on my Garmin to the National Stroke Association of Malaysia and the Cancer Society of Malaysia. :muscle:t3:

5 Likes

Umm. Why don’t you toss the box instead of eating it? Even if you paid for it, why would you eat something you dread eating? And in this case, the box was free​:upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

+1. Also check out untapped maple syrup instead of gels. They have great waffles too.

1 Like

They’re just not bad enough to throw away. They’re fine to use at home in my pain cave. I just wouldn’t use them during an event. And they help me stay hydrated. Lol. And it’s also the Scotsman in me. Frugal MacDougall. :smile:

And I like their citrus and also tropical
Smoothie flavors.

1 Like

Revolver’s done.
Next is angels

God have mercy on me :pray:t3: please make the weather clas cloudy bas earlier this morning

5 Likes

Ride 8 out of 10 the attacker
Getting closer and closer to the gates

4 Likes

DarrenWCKam

The Castle Gate is in sight! Go!!

2 Likes

Omg 10 rides back to back today in 8 hours 47 minutes and 15 seconds all on a pair of dumb rollers. Does that make me a badass on another level?

Ending the quest with Defender…it’s just pain Pain Misery and Agony. Just like what Sir Glen mentioned to me in the forum.
But it’s well worth it. It’s all done and dusted

What can I say? I aspired to be the Greatest of All Time Defender our our mythical nation, Sufferlandria.

Oh my god, I can’t believe it, I did it!

For HONOUR, GLORY & VICTORY!

#IWBMATTKYT #knightsofsifferlandria

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, encouragement and support!

I may be “broken” now but its so worth it.
As I have mentioned it earlier, I am pledging 241.41 MYR to the two charities above.

7 Likes

The minions have prepared your room in the castle Sir, so once all the celebrations have died down, have a wee lie down. You’ve earned it!
SufferKing Mattress

3 Likes

@DarrenWCKam Congrats to you! Now dial in the rest and recovery and enjoy your accomplishment.

2 Likes

Thank you Sirs, it’s a little early here now just 2 minutes before 8pm but I am already thinking of falling asleep.

Had some cham-pain and nails for dinner. Hahaha

1 Like