Pain Cave renaming in line with Systm

Sorry to Systm for my tongue in cheek irreverent comments on what is a great training programme and its rebranding/product development.

Now Sufferfest has been renamed and rebranded Systm (It is still great by the way and even better now) - in line with the rebranding to make it less “Suffer” orientated and off putting to non Sufferlandrians, should the term and aspects of the forum termed “Pain Cave” receive a new nomenclature?

Perhaps “Chamber of Slight Discomfort”
or
“Cavity of calculated comfort aversion”
or
“ex auto storage construction that was never used for said vehicle but includes apparel sanitising equipment that is used as a place to induce mild to moderate sweating and a tolerable amount of discomfort”
Any other suggestions?

7 Likes

SYSTM Nook
KICKR Kave (or Kicker Kave for other brands)
Worm Hole (…because of 4 dimensions???..)
Sweat Station
Pedal Palace

But I still like Pain Cave.

2 Likes

My use of Sufferfest is not yet one year old, but I still refer to it as such. Probably says more of my mentality than the rebrand. I like worm hole. Trying to pshyc myself up to entering in it again.

In good Wahoo fashion it should be missing a vowel like Systm Basemnt or Systm Tmple

3 Likes

Systm Zone

Or more suited to Sufferfest

Suf Zone
Pit of Despair
Torment Tunnel
Spasm Chasm
Trauma Room

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/z05StkAKKF0

5 Likes

Sorry but these don’t really work for me.

“Slight Discomfort” - if all I am supposed to feel is slight discomfort, I am doing something seriously wrong.

“Comfort Aversion” - similarly, aversion seems far to benign.

“Mild to Moderate Sweating” - again, not even close for me. Substitute profuse and we are getting close. BTW - as I type this I am doing a load of laundry under threat of death from my wife, for the distinct odor in my cave necessitated by the rain not allowing my post workout clothes to hang outside.

Not sure what might work better, plus I am a traditionalist, so I am good with Pain Cave.

1 Like

PnCv ?

7 Likes

I think the point might have been missed slightly. They went away from Sufferfest as it seemed to hard core to attract new sufferers. When it was launched it was part of the rationale in renaming so as not to put off new users with the words “Sufferfest” so my tongue in cheek was in applying this “rationale” elsewhere with other Sufferfest terminology. Although to me it will aways been Suifferfest and PainCave

1 Like

No I got it. My reply was likewise, tongue in cheek…mostly! :wink:

1 Like

:laughing: :joy:

Wh nds vwls

1 Like

Donut Exclusion Zone

4 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:What? You don’t have a recovery donut whilst warming down?

1 Like

Nice try, but I “do not fall for Couchlandrian donut trick”!

2 Likes

Lactic fctry

3 Likes

It will always be a Pain Cave where much (yet intelligent) Suffering happens and buckets of holy water are shed!

2 Likes

What is this Donut you speak of?

Based on the amount of pain my quads were in during There Is No Try this morning, I’d stick with PainCave but I feel Pedal Palace has a tongue in cheek ring to it

2 Likes

I like PedalPalace or PdlPlc

1 Like