Systm workouts on RGT (workaround)

Is possible to import Systm workouts to RGT, however you gotta have some basic Python skills. See this page for details.

Once you figure out how to download Systm workouts as zwo files, you simply have to email that file to workouts@rgtcycling.com and it will be added to your uploaded workouts library.
Sorry not to give a more detailed explanation now but I’m in a hurry, maybe I put together a tutorial if people get interested on this.

12 Likes

Thanks. This worked a treat! I mistakenly uploaded some duplicates. Is there a way to delete an uploaded workout?

By the way, I attached multiple workouts in a single email and they all uploaded fine.

1 Like

Nice! I did not know that. Other functionality is worth mentioning is that you can send your real world rides and turn them into virtual. Email your gpx files to magicroads@rgtcycling.com and then go to menu/magic roads

Don’t know how to delete workouts, at least not on Android. Strangely that feature is missing.

To delete workouts, Create a ride, click “add workout” choose "uploaded” From there you should see trash can icon on all uploaded workouts

4 Likes

The suffersync is for PC correct? Or can i pull the zwo files from intervals.icu if they have transited from SYSTM → Strava → intervals.icu and then upload them?

1 Like

Thanks Ben. That worked. Case closed.

1 Like

Thanks @gaiors . I’ll try this tonight.

1 Like

This is great, I am definitely going to do this tonight as my plan says I’m doing The Chores again. Thanks for this

1 Like

I’m doing an IRL race on Sunday on a circuit I’m not familiar with, I created a route on Strava yesterday, e-mailed it to RGT and it was added to my library all within about 10 minutes (luckily it wasn’t a technical route) so I’ll be able to do a “recce” beforehand. Liking it so far, but looking forward to a smoother integration of the System workouts with RGT

2 Likes

I did “The best thing in the world” at RGT this morning. As i am really used to Systm’s pretty sleek interface i felt a little overwhelmed by all the graphics and info on the screen of RGT, and thats a pretty tuff workout to start with, but is definitelly a great experience! @NickyLeary @Craig.Quarmby

3 Likes

Unfortunatelly you cant do that as the resulting file will not be the workout itself but a copy of your trainning session, and thats not what you want because one cant follow all the targets 100% all the time.
You must install and run Python on a compatible device (Windows PC, Mac, Linux, etc). Once you get it running and are abble to open a terminal window (dos prompt) from there, things get pretty straight forward.
Suffersync uploads ZWO files to intervals.icu, but also stores them locally on windows at:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\zwo

I presume (sorry, I haven’t even looked at the script, busy day) we could hack the Python script to not bother with the intervals.icu upload and do away with that whole interaction, just pulling the zwo into the local store?

1 Like

You are correct, you can just disable the part of the script that uploads the files to intervals.icu and your files will be stored at C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\zwo

Please take the time to run your gpx file through a smoother BEFORE you send to magicroads. Strava files are NOT accurate enough to give you a “real world” experience. I would hate for you to try it out, think it’s rubbish and never use it again… when done properly, with an accurate smoothed file it is AWESOME.
Join this group:

Where you will find all the help, resources and guidance you will need.

5 Likes

Great to have you on the forum and so active so early. Thanks.

1 Like

Once you’ve had a look Sir @Jon (or @gaiors) is there any chance of posting a quick step-by-step. I’m not at a total loss with Terminal and scripts but do not know Python.
TIA

2 Likes

Same for me, a step by step explanation would be perfect! Thanks

1 Like

what is a “smoother” and how do i find one for all of us numbskulls out there?

1 Like

Please take a look here:

3 Likes

Here’s my favourite:
http://stepwiserefinement.co.uk.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/GPXmagic/index.html

Join the RGT Users Magic Roads facebook group for all the help (and other file smoothing options) that you can ever need.

3 Likes