Wahoo X Annual Subscription price increase?

What I believe it is important to know is:

1. In case (i.e. my case) that you renewal date is November 19th and you have already order to extend the subscription for a year before November 15th, Will the price still be 129USD?

2)If above is not true, should we order a yearly suscription from Wahoo store before November 15th and redeem the code?

Followed link in email but not clear at all how this will work. Put me off doing anything. Renewal is December.

I like the Wahoo X app, however if I am unable to push workout to my Garmin 130 bike head unit, I will consider value of app before committing to an Annual Subscription next year

You currently can’t push to your Garmin, but from what they’ve continued to state publicly, pushing to Wahoo head units only is only temporary to get the feature tested and started. And then they will push to other head units afterward. So work-in-progress. But since I don’t work for Wahoo I can’t with any certainly exactly how long it will be until that happens. But they have definitely said they want the app to be brand agnostic and are only using Wahoo head units since it’s easiest as a first step.

1 Like

Hi, I haven’t had an email. My subscription isn’t due for renewal until May.

@Timothy1961 There is a browser extension workaround for non-Wahoo bike computers.

1 Like

Try using SYSTM app.
I haven’t got any email either. Yet I got a notification popup when I started SYSTM on my desktop.
I followed ‘learn more’ (or similar) and I was able to purchase subscription renewal, which turned out to be a promo code, and it worked as expected.
Edit:
My subscription ends in August (2024 now).

Yes, I got that then closed it because I didn’t realise what it was. I’m not getting it again… may try my laptop and see if it appears again.

Try this link. It’s to the Canadian store, but it should fling you to the right place. Otherwise you can check on the store under “Shop All”.

1 Like

Hope there is an option to subscribe to Wahoo Lite without RGT.

Unsure about the rest of us, I don’t use RGT at all.

3 Likes

@simplz Definitely check it out. I have used it for NoVid workouts, recovery rides, Z2 rides when the weather isn’t cooperating or I am pressed for time, a few social rides and I am looking forward to doing a bit of racing - maybe substituting a HIIT workout for a race every now and then just for some variety.

There is a learning curve but if you search around in the forum many of the setup questions have been answered and if they are not just post a question as there are a few experts that can assist.

They just added a radio feature which we used today during a group ride. It was pretty cool.

1 Like

I just received the email with the link taking you you to the store. Just paid the 129€, redeemed the code they sent un the invoice and done. 1 year Subs ready.

Hi, Germany here!
All I got yesterday was an email telling me that the price will increase from 129 USD to 149 USD beacause everything was becoming more expensive.
Considering where I come from: 10 USD a month (Dec 2017), then switched to a yearly plan (pay in advance) in Nov 2018 so I would pay 99 USD instead of 129. Then I was moved up the ladder to pay 129 USD whatsoever and now 149? That’s a 50% price increase in about 3 years which I find A unreasonable and B outrageous. I feel they are giving me stuff that I did not ask for, shoving it down my throat and telling me: pay or leave. We don’t care about you but we care very much about your money.
I am one Unhappy Sufferlandrian speaking out what he’s thinking. Zwift costs 14,99 EUR per month which adds up to 180 EUR over one year with the chance to “pause” in the warm months. Realistically that would mean for me 105 EUR for the colder season. That’s a much better price than 149 USD for Wahoo X.

What are your thoughts? Shall one switch and say goodbye to Sufferlandria for good?

1 Like

You should do whatever suits you best. Only you can make that decision.

I find the Wahoo offering to be worth the money and I’ll be paying and staying.

2 Likes

@MineSweeper I understand what you’re saying. I don’t know if this move has been prompted by the arrival of outdoor workouts or just a need to increase income or both.

I would suggest switching to $14-99/month and just turning the subscription on and off as needed.

@David.McQuillen.KoS says here that monthly is not increasing:

If annual is 10x monthly, then annual does not look attractive to me. Even the old price of $129 (8.6x monthly) did not appeal to me but that was pre outdoor workouts being available.

FWIW I pay monthly and will continue to do so over the winter. Come spring/summer next year I will see how useful I find outdoor workouts at which point I may switch to annual.

@MineSweeper Personally I feel that SYSTM X and Zwift are not comparable. I use far more of the SYSTM platform than I did the Zwift platform and the overall science is better. That said I am in the US so haven’t been subject to the tremendous currency swings seen elsewhere so can understand your perspective.

100% agree with that! I find almost zero motivation in the Zwift world and spend most of the time thinking “how long to go before I can stop”!

Systm is far far better than anything else I’ve tried, just for me annual at 10x monthly is not good value. But like I say that’s speaking before seeing how outdoor workouts work for me come next spring at which point it may be “I want this all summer too and 10 < 12 so switch to annual”

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts.
I am not comparing ZWIFT to Sufferfest aka SYSTM without an e but with RGT the Zwift-look a like world is coming closer to Sufferlandria than ever before.
I wonder why monthly subscriptions remain stable and the annual price goes up. The exact opposite should be the case. It’s the old gym phenomenon: people buy yearly memberships in January with good intentions and stop showing up and crowding the gym in April/May. Once they paid the total amount, that number was shifted elsewhere. Monthly payers see the repeated payments every month and are constantly reminded that they are paying for something which they might not want to use.
I guess I will switch to monthly and pause for the summer during which I never use SYSTM offerings. For fitness et al I have an Apple Fitness+ subcription which was included in my Apple package.

3 Likes

What brought you to The Sufferfest initially? Has their offering changed for you? Do you get less now of what you wanted from when you joined? Do you see other platforms offering the same product for similar/competitve pricing? Why have you remained and not joined them already?

Basically rhetorical questions that you do not need to reply publicly to, but to yourself. Only you can find your own reason for staying. Or leaving.

1 Like

Hi Dan,
thank you for your valuable thoughts and correct questions.
I assume it is fair to say that everyone makes their own decisions and is responsible for accepting the costs / consequences as a result of said decisions.

Not answering your fair questions publicly, there is one thing I wanted to comment on: instead of making me buy everything, why not offer “in app purchases” where people buy Yoga, RGT, Running etc. modules depending on their need?

Amazon is a good bad example: you want fast shipping / free next day delivery? Then you must buy our massive and not very good media streaming service. It feels like blackmailing to me and, as a consequence, I have to learn to deal with renouncement (is this the correct way to say it in English?).