EPOC: Cycling Afterburn… Should We Really Care?

Chocolate milk. Or anything else in the kitchen that’s not nailed down.

5 Likes

I need to find a source of 1% chocolate milk that doesn’t require refrigeration. I tend to forget about it and it goes rancid.

I buy smaller bottles

1 Like

We can get UHT vhoc milk here. It is foul but does the job.

1 Like

The smallest i could find was a liter. Given i drink about 1/4 of that after a ride, it wouldn’t last. However, now I have to buy two liters and it expires before I can finish it.

Decant and freeze it

Would chocolate ice cream work?

1 Like

I guess it would

Milk does not freeze well, trust me. It will curdle if there is any amount of milk fat when you unfreeze it. Really nasty.

We buy this when we go on vacations, for the kids. 1% chocolate milk and shelf stable.

Horizon Organic Shelf-Stable 1% Low Fat Milk Boxes, Chocolate, 8 oz.

2 Likes

Chocolate cottage cheese? :nauseated_face:

Yuck and no!

1 Like

Used to buy this. Need to check Target as well. Trader Joe’s used to sell it.

1 Like

Our local grocery store sold it when our kids were in school and we sent it in their lunches with them each day

1 Like

Yes. I see it at our local grocery stores, Target, Walmart, as well as Trader Joes and on Amazon.

1 Like

I freeze milk all the time. Never had an issue. Full fat too. Been doing it since I was a kid and we got milk in bags rather than bottles. Haven’t tried it with chocolate milk to be fair. Curdled sounds foul :nauseated_face:

I still freeze milk these days when we do 1 week off grid camping trips. My chilly bin is a monster and keeps things frozen for 10 days. Everyone LOVES me when I pull out frozen icecream 6 days in to a hot summer camping trip :rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t know why, but this made me chuckle and envision a cooler with legs chasing people around a camp ground trying to eat them.

4 Likes

That’s where the steaks for the bbq come from :wink::shushing_face:

2 Likes

@Sir_Alan and @DameLisa, I love how the forum threads…evolve over time :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I am the master of digression

3 Likes