I can’t stick to a plan…

If you need extra accountability when training, a customized plan could help as you can have calls throughout to monitor progress and make adjustments as necessary:
https://thesufferfest.com/pages/customised-suf-training-plans

Very.

I have the same issue. Then I asked myself why have a plan? In the end I decided a plan was good to suggest what to do on a day when I wanted to use the trainer. I’m not training for any event, just enjoy riding and want to push myself. The plan provides variety rather than “cycling” through the usual’s. I’m now at peace!

3 Likes

I like to go out on a Sunday group ride too but I don’t want to miss a workout or sacrifice a rest day a week. I look through what’s planned for the week and try and pick two similar workouts which are on two different days and then combine them into one day. At the moment I am on a set 12 week plan (moderate)as I have just joined but with experience later on I am sure i can tweak things to fit everything in without overdoing it

I’ve done well with my training program prior to this one, maybe missed one or 2 workouts in 12 weeks. The one I’m signed up to now however, not so good. We went away for a few days to ski last month, came home and I’ve been off the bike now for 2 weeks when COVID found it’s way into our home. It’s making me crazy not being on the bike and I’ve missed about 10 workouts now but I’m feeling up to getting back at it now.
To make a long story… long, I HATE missing workouts lol.

1 Like