Screen Protector? Anyone scratched their ELEMNT?

I’ve always had a glass screen protector on Garmin Edge, but have now jumped ship and have a ROAM 2 :slight_smile:
Has anyone ever been unlucky enough to mark or scratch the glass screen on their ELEMNT GPS? :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :upside_down_face::thinking:

2 Likes

Not yet :pray: Even had a (very minor) gravel spill over the summer and it’s fine.

2 Likes

Thank you Sir :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Fwiw, I HATE screen protectors. I’ve never been able to get them installed “perfectly” and my eyes are always drawn to the inevitable flaw.

2 Likes

2 pairs of reading glasses under bright light, and several sticky tabs on the protector to manoeuvre it into place :rofl: - Then you inevitably see dust collecting around the edges.
With my old G1000, the rubber case covered the edge enough to hide that :wink:
Then there’s the question matt or clear ??? :roll_eyes::fearful: - The ELEMNT has a matt screen so do you fit a matt screen protector or a clear one :exploding_head::question:
I’m going to forget about fitting one and pray to the Wahoo gods daily to keep my ROAM safe from harm :innocent::innocent: :smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve a protective case for my Karoo 2. I’ve seen some similar for the Roam doing a search. Won’t necessarily prevent the sort of scratches a screen protector might, but it can reduce the impact if the device is dropped.

1 Like