She’s a beauty.

3 Likes

This is one I used for a stage of the TOS

3 Likes

Did you wear off the nails?

2 Likes

Nice. GvA approved and everything.

1 Like

It was a brooks B17 .I never found it comfortable because the nose was too wide, but during one of the tour stages it fell apart leaving its frame. It was not as uncomfortable as its leather version, I still managed to finish the ride OK

5 Likes

Nothing must dull the suffering! Looks like a great enhancement! I just tie steaks to my legs and release the hounds :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Sniff! I miss the one I got years ago…

Adamo Saddle for the last 10 years. I like my junk too much to suffer with anything else.

2 Likes

Like you I use the Ergon SR Pro in M/L. But with my bone measurement I could go either way. Not quite perfect comfort on either but better than any other saddle for my delicate derriere.

Suggest you try the S/M and switch between the two. Also the new Ergon gravel saddle is very comfy. In size M/L for me.

1 Like

Post-ToS update to the great saddle-quest. Since I was aiming to shrink my saddle to something 130 - 140mm, I picked up a couple of cheap, Chinese “carbon” saddles from Buy n Large in a 130mm and 140mm size. Tried them both out for a week and decided I’m going to go for a 140mm saddle.

Narrowed down my search range to 140mm and started looking at the brands and styles I was interested in. Lo and behold I ran out of time pre-ToS, so did the entire tour on this…

Not my brightest idea ever, but it worked, and I was able to complete the ToS with no pain or…ahem…“discomfort.”

So poor planning, but good execution. But figure if I can handle stage 7 of the ToS on THIS, I should have no problem finding a reputable saddle in the right size now.

:grimacing:

2 Likes

I picked it up primarily for comfort during very long days outdoors without needing to worry about the elements, but it also suits just fine indoors.

Perfect for your next knight quest:

3 Likes

I want to like the cambiums SO much, but i tried the C13 and once it got warmed up it softened and became very hammock-y. found it very uncomfortable over time.

It got me through a 400k last year. There were many parts of my body/mind in revolt after that, but my sit bones weren’t one of them.

When I first started using it, I did have to play around with the angle a bit before finding it comfy.

Since I’m sure you’re all waiting with baited breath…

After much hemming, hawing, testing, fidgeting, ToS surviving, and reading and digesting all your input and feedback, I’m now the proud owner of a Shimano Stealth Pro Limited saddle, in 142mm width. Titanium rails, 207g. My first ever stubby, and I feel like it gives me more ability to move around and really lean into my bars and drops. Apparently this means I’m “aggressive”. :smirk:

Time will tell, but for now the story ends…thanks all for your input, comments, and suggestions!

7 Likes

Just to add to the confusion: One of the riders that I rode with today is riding on a Fabric saddle that has to be one of the shortest saddles I’ve seen in a LONG time. It isn’t open like the ISM saddles NOR is is a padded nightmare. It also has one of the largest ‘sweet’ spots where you can slide to the front and to the back without your sit bones falling off the edge. I’m going to look into one of these.

2 Likes

My partner and I both use these after getting a RETUL bike fit. I used a carbon brooks b15 prior. Huge difference, but it took awhile to get used to it. Sit bones can be bruised - and we were warned to stand up, and go into these power seats slowly from our fitter.

2 Likes

I think it’s time to visit Specialized and get fitted and sized. Time to find out what size I really need.

This is ironic. I too am riding the Stealth! I bought one several years ago and loved it…so comfortable. Last fall I felt a ‘pinch’ and upon inspection I discovered the carbon fiber base had cracked! Guess what? Shimano has a 10 yr warranty on their Pro products. It took awhile, but I’m now sitting on the latest 142 version. It is great! Feels like the only contact points are your sit bones.

3 Likes

Good to know! Going to dub you my “solution”, @ronburgundy. :smirk:

Would love to hear more - have you ridden it for distance? Since I’m just on the trainer through the winter, I don’t ever go more than a couple hours in the saddle. Once I head outdoors this month, the weekend efforts will get much longer, so curious how it holds up.

Had also heard of a couple people having the cracking problem with the carbon fiber. Was just going to cross my fingers, but thanks for the warranty tip!

:+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like