Baby Red Bulls

Learned something new today…

Did I beat a bunch of 15-16 year olds up Alpe d’Huez today? Yes, yes I did. Am I proud of myself? No, no I am not. (edit: would totes do it again.)

On the plus side - and in my defense - I tried to be REALLY encouraging for them. And they pushed me to PR the Alpe, so there’s that. :smirk:

11 Likes

Nice!!! No way am I gonna see a sub 1hr AdZ!! My best was just a hair under 65 mins and ended with an all time best 1hr. Way to go Cap’n. Fwiw, I did actually win a pro contract after really impressing some folks with my performance on The Rookie. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

But no matter how many times I do The Chores, my family still expects me to clean and do laundry!

6 Likes

Hehe. Maybe you need to ride it again, only harder. I managed to never have to return to work thanks to GAWI so…

6 Likes

TBH, I’ve never had the nerve, after any of my eighteen times through The Chores, to tell my family I’m too badass. :laughing:

And I retired to be a stay at home father almost twenty years before arriving in Sufferlandria, so GAWI never helps!

4 Likes

parenthood is NOT retirement. It’s a thankless daily grind. I’d MUCH rather have a job outside the home. ANY job.

4 Likes

I felt that way for a while, but i came to love it eventually! And now that the kids are all well into their 20s, I am certainly retired now!

5 Likes

IKR? I heard about that. Very proud of you. I heard your team ran out of money during the tour though, and you had to play cash register just to get everyone back home? :smirk:

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

Yeah was never brave enough to try to enforce that one. CinC House outranks GvA around here…

2 Likes

Same, and amen. I highly recommend retirement.

3 Likes

I’m retired, but I get my share of the Chores. I do the floors, laundry, and take out the trash (our bins are in a really sketchy area, do not enter without sturdy shoes type).

3 Likes

Child care?

1 Like

clever! Yeah, probably even that! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like