Coping with irresponible drivers

Well the cyclist can only ADD value, whereas the motorist cannot?

4 Likes

You would be surprised, or maybe not, at the number of people who genuinely believe that roads are for cars and they always have the right of way. They think you can only ride on a road if you can go the posted speed limit. Trust me, I have had this conversation more than once.

A few years ago I drove my 15 year old truck to body shop to get a fender repaired. When I took my Cervelo out to ride home he asked a couple questions and figured out that the bike was worth more than the truckā€”without any adjustments. After asking to lift it, he also determined it was lighter.

2 Likes

Confessionā€¦I only add the by weight conversion when the car Iā€™m comparing to is a Supercar :rofl:

2 Likes

Well maybe you need a Superbike. :rofl:
If you cannot read the article, I can send you a copy.

1 Like

This seemed a relevant thread to note that as of this Satuday (29/1/22) the Highway Code in the UK will take on some new amendments: The Highway Code: 8 changes you need to know from 29 January 2022 - GOV.UK

Some specific mentions of cyclng in the middle of the lane on quiet roads, riding 2 abreast, etc.

This shouldnā€™t really change anything for those riding or driving responsibly, and I suspect those drivers who donā€™t care wonā€™t read (or be aware of) the new rules anyway, but still.

3 Likes