Elemnt in passive mode. Cannot see target power, target cadence

Hi,
I have been using my Kickr Core connected to my ipad.
Today I connected my Wahoo Element Bolt too, as I figured that I could watch a movie on the ipad on full screen and keep an eye on the data on the bike computer.
I had no problems receiving the power and cadence, but I could not see the following:

• target power
  • target cadence
  • interval time
  • remaining time

See the images below. Am I doing anything wrong or is this just no possible at the moment?

Thanks, Álvaro

Yeah the bolt doesn’t connect to the app in any way, it’s just reading the output from your trainer. Passive mode just means it’s not sending any command to the trainer itself i.e. it’s letting whatever else is controlling it to do it’s thing.

Hi, thanks for the answer.
That is a pity. It would be cool if it could be implemented.

2 Likes

I second that!

1 Like

Hi,
I would tend to think that SUF could easily send this info to the trainer and then over to the bike computer.
Share to bike computer would also be nice!

I hope we hear from SUF in this thread =)

You wouldn’t really be able to use the trainer as a bridge as it isn’t part of the industry standard for Ant+ FEC and the Bluetooth Smart standards. Plus it would need development of the whole head unit software as that too doesn’t currently have the functionality to support it. So I’d say it’s extremely unlikely to happen given the massive amount of work required for very limited benefit given all the info is already displayed in the app itself.

You can put the app into mini mode which just displays the metrics allowing you to watch a movie at the same time

Unfortunately there isn’t mini mode supported on the ipad

As has been noted before the trainer is directly controlled by a device via BTLE or Ant+ and the protocols associated with them. To have any target data on the Elemnt would require a structured workout to be run from the unit and have that control the trainer.
One such work around might be creating the workout in TrainingPeaks or something similar that can be paired to the unit and thus run from there.

Although the simplest way to achieve what you want would be if the iPad app supported split screen. Of course it won’t give you a ‘full screen’ experience and there is the issue of multiple sound sources but it might be a possibility.