Erg mode not working

So whenever I am doing a custom workout on ZWift in erg mode and whenever I spin 90+ rpm, I start spinning out crazy like there’s no resistance. Now, I like to keep my cadence between 85 and 93. So please tell me why it is happening. I have Wahoo Kickr v6, and I was using the settings called erg power smoothing. In that, I was not facing any issues because the erg power smooth settings keep me extracting on the target watts and show you a clean and straight graph, but I have recently toggled off the setting erg power smoothing because it shows you a fake graph, and in actuality, the power graph naturally goes up and down. But my normal erg mode is on, and I am facing an issue in that whenever I go above 90 rpm, my residence just goes to zero, and I spin out. Can you please tell me the fix?

And I am also sharing the pairing screen of ZWIFT, so please tell me what is the best way to pair your kicker. Incase thats the issue. There are two options, which one should I select?

Anyone knows? Pls suggest me

@RICK1 The choices are WiFi and Bluetooth. I use WiFi but choose whatever works better for you.

@RICK1 What gear are you in and also what is your FTP? Certain combinations can affect the behavior of the fly wheel.

So i usually be on a big ring and at a mid range on back so the chain angle is straight and no matter what target i set whenever i spin 90rpm i just start spining out and my ftp is around 270/280
Please tell me the fix for this

Are there ANY OTHER apps accessing your KICKR? I was running WFA and Zwift and I couldn’t get power above 100 watts. I would shift up and get a momentary increase.
As to the gear you should use, Wahoo and Zwift both recommend using the SMALL cog and the middle of the cassette in ERG mode. If you are spinning a 53 or larger chain ring is is quite possible to kick your KICKR out of ERG mode because the flywheel isn’t spinning fast enough for the requested power.

So actually it’s opposite i run a big ring and actually besides of slowing down the kickr i actually start spinning out because the flywheel speed is so fast thats what i am trying to say till know and there is no other app running in background

1 Like

Try using the small ring and see if there’s a difference.

2 Likes