Kuala Lumpur Criterium 2022

Race day is tomorrow and my number is pinned. May my competitors rue the day they pin on their numbers.

Just a slight touch of humour, my bib number is 2 (pinned to my Knight’s jersey now), so I guess I will have to do justice to the number by coming in second at the very least if not first. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I have failed the nation this morning :frowning: and need to be leveled with punishment.
On a more serious note, I actually I had quite a sharp pain on my right abdomen, as though it’s gastric pain and I stopped after 2 1/2 laps :frowning:

Sorry to hear mate. We all have good days, OK days, and not so great days. We are all hoping you get that abdomen pain sorted out, and find yourself back to training and racing. The times when most things are clicking and feel incredible and perform beyond our expectations make all those OK and not so great days worth it. It is all part of the journey, the good, the bad, the average. And don’t forget exceptional performances are just that, the exception. There is more in you, keep going.

1 Like

Thank you for the encouragement Coach @WahooCoach_Corey! Truly appreciate it.
The pain went away after about 4 hours. I have a reason to believe that it’s because of pushing too hard right off the bat causing that part of the body to react that way.

The pain is near the appendix but I am pretty sure it’s not appendicitis.
Will be easing back into training later this evening and see if the pain is still there. Hopefully not though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DarrenWCKam No such thing - you showed up and had a physical limitation beyond your control. Get some rest and you will be back and ready to do it again!

4 Likes

Thank for the encouragement Sir Jon, really appreciate it.
It’s back to the flogging station for me then.

Never mind that I only completed like 7+ km of the expected total of 33km, because it was a good experience nevertheless, so there’s nothing wasted from this. And not to forget, I know physical abilities and limitations better now :grinning:

3 Likes