Mtb training plans

+1 on more MTB content for me as well please!

3 Likes

As Ellisa has said, we have been making notes of requests, and Iā€™ve even made specific race footage requests myself. Problem is, we canā€™t get permission to use any footage that we want and Iā€™ve been told that MTB and CX footage is especially tough to get access to. But, I think weā€™re doing our best to get more of it. In terms of plans, we also have a wider variety of MTB plans on our to-do list. These things just take time and we have a small staff so please be patient with us!

10 Likes

Thanks Suzie. I think Wahoo should just buy RedBull out. They have heaps of footage. Pretty sure if you get GvA to negotiate the purchase, you should get a good price. :wink:

Chris

4 Likes

@Coach.Suzie.S can you please post whether there are any updates on progress with the MTB plans for longer events?

1 Like

@AB-Kiwi ,
Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not at liberty to say when the new plans will be released. For now, I recommend a customised plan, or the plans directed at the longer distance events, like the Hilly Gran Fondo, etc., depending on the length of MTB event youā€™re preparing for. Since theyā€™re basically road event plans, I recommend the longer outdoor weekend workouts on the mountain bike, as weather/conditions permit. The arrangement of indoor SUF workouts during the week and outdoor MTB workouts on the weekend is basically how the new plans will be structured anyway.
Happy Training!

3 Likes

Hi Suzie, thought on doing the in-season plan followed by the Volcano plan with longer trail rides like you suggested?

Thanks for the response!

@ErickT,
Yes, thatā€™s a viable optionā€¦that would give you intensity during the week and volume on the weekend, which is the same idea. And of course lots of climbing with the volcano plan!

Iā€™d be another vote for MTB content. Iā€™m just switching from Zwift as I didnā€™t like their training plan calendering/inflexibility. But they did have a few MTB specific plans Offroad, MTB, and Gravel Virtual Cycling & Training | Zwift

1 Like