🎉🎉🎉 New Bike Day 🎉🎉🎉

Ok, whilst everyone else is posting new bike pics, here’s my recent bike build. Notice the rear half painted in Lichen green holographic paint, change colour in different light and angles.

13 Likes

OOOOOH! Is it (HE) a Domane? So does this make you the black knight?

giphy

Now if only there were a negative version of the KoS sticker - silver on a black background or something…

:thinking:

5 Likes

Did the elves do the paint job, too @ozmadman?

105 coming out the woodwork today!

2 Likes

Yes, actually it was one of their standard colour schemes. Now you can get a custom job for only £40 (UK) extra!! The 105 was the 11 speed one before they discontinued the manual version, got the whole groupset,everything including the cassette and chain for £450!! Can’t really justify Ultegra as I am now retired and on a pension so on a budget but I have 105 and Tiagra on my other bikes and they are brilliant, changing is perfect and the only penalty is a slight weight gain over the other more expensive groupsets.

5 Likes

The og knight stickers had a white letter version that looks really nice on black, however there’s still some parts of that which are black that blends in. I may have a modified vector graphic on my laptop that turned all the black parts white or red, I don’t remember (my bike is black and red so I may have gone with red to match), that I never went thru with printing.

2 Likes

I might want to hit you up for one if you get some decals printed. As it is, imma reuse the one on my CX bike (which I’m selling)

2 Likes

Oh wow! This looks waaaaaaay better than it does on their webpage.
I was initially planning to buy this bike the Elves instead of my Polygon bike but the price of the complete Elves bike with the a similar groupset to my Polygon was just way too much. Plus, the Elves bike doesn’t come with the 50mm carbon wheelset as standard but rather just a 38mm one if I haven’t mistaken.

And what really broke my heart was, just last month or the month before, there was a sale deal for the Elves bike. This time around as I type this, there’s a 50% sale of the Pardus bikes too.

3 Likes

In the UK they will build the bike to your spec. I bought the frame separately with their matching bars along with all the parts to build a bike. The wheels are 45mm from Tuff Cycles Australia.

2 Likes

??? :thinking:

curiosity-attention

3 Likes

Haha. Haven’t ridden CX in a few years and was just using the Mares as a dedicated gravel bike cuz I always worried about chipping the paint on The Red Baron. Selling as imma use The Black Knight for road and gravel :+1:t2::+1:t2:. One bike, two sets of wheels :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I may or may not be looking for an N+1 CX bike.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Size 54? I’m 5’11” 180 cm at it fits me perfectly. Even had these:

2 Likes

What?! You’re selling it with the bar caps and stem cap? :scream:

3 Likes

Hmmm. I know those are worth more than the bike so maybe I’ll take the bar ends off and swap em. The top cap has no replacement so it’s gotta go, sadly.

2 Likes

Buy a new top cap to replace it with? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’d think so but it won’t work on The Black Knight. Also that top cap will make the new owner faster.

3 Likes

3 Likes

There’s an option to buy just the frame alone here too, that should be a project of mine in time to come. At least I can go down the route of buying my own parts and building up the bike. Thinking along the line of trying those Chinese mechanical-hydraulic groupsets like the LTWOO. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Check out “Trace Velo” on you tube, he reviews tons of Chinese stuff and I think he has done a review on that groupset.

3 Likes

Yeah he’s really awesome to be honest and yeah, he has done reviews of both the LTWOO and Empire groupsets before previously.
I think for me, I’d most likely go for the LTWOO though.

3 Likes