🎉🎉🎉 New Bike Day 🎉🎉🎉

I finally got my Mason Resolution steel touring bike! Isn’t she dreamy?!? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: She didn’t arrive in time for this summer’s big tour of Michigan’s UP, but there’s plenty of summer left.
IMG_20220817_151127~2

31 Likes

Beautiful. And appropriately decal’d for a Knight!

1 Like

She is GORGEOUS!!! Happy touring!

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks awesome!
It’s even more awesome with the OG Knight’s decal :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

1 Like

Oh SWEEEET!

1 Like

She is dreamy indeed. Happy tours!

1 Like

Gotta love it! She’s beautiful! And will most particularly enjoy our UP roads to take in the sights and sounds of our scenery!

1 Like

Love it!! I’m a huge fan of the aesthetic of the smooth line from top tube to seat stay. Mason is BEAUTIFUL!! Nice wheels too! Tubeless? Also, what kind of gearing is she wearing?

Yes, tubeless! She’s sporting SRAM AXS Rival 12 speed, 48/31 chainset and 10-30 cassette. In my first rides, I’m enjoying the extra low gearing on climbs compared to my old bike. Not faster, but less tiring.

And I’m with you on the straight top tube. Swoopy carbon frames leave me cold.

2 Likes

Nice!! More gears and not needing them is much better than not enough gears and dying or having to walk your bike :stuck_out_tongue: (I may or may not be speaking from experience)

That’s electronic hey? I would LOVE to go wireless.

The Red Baron is carbon but he’s got that seamless line from top tube through seat stay that just totally appeals to me.

What size is that, maybe we could swap for a couple days :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Hahaha! Yes, that is a lovely frame. I doubt you’re the size of a short woman, but a swap for a day could be a lot of fun and maybe destroy my narrow-minded prejudice toward metal bikes.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I covet steel and Ti :heart::heart::heart:. When I bought The Red Baron it was at the height of the global shortage and I was quite lucky to get him. My budget was limited though so it was either an electronic group set or new wheels. Went with the wheels and really glad I did. It won’t stop me from wanting the metal though :metal:t2:

2 Likes

This is my first experience of electronic shifting and I am loving it. Never thought I would have it and can’t believe my good fortune! But in your position, I would absolutely also choose wheels over electronics. Seamless shifting is satisfying, but wheels make you faster :wink:

5 Likes

Mason are a mere 10 minutes up the road off Coombes Road. Our favourite segment. Chum has the same with Hunt 30s: they are 10 miles away :grinning:

3 Likes

Once you go electronic shifting… you never go back.

4 Likes

Especially if your battery runs out :wink:

9 Likes

Especially if your battery runs out :wink:

8 Likes

I spent many months perving over that exact bike - I absolutely love the design, the sheer quality of it, just everything. When it came to the final decision, I went Ti instead, and unfortunately I couldn’t afford the Mason Aspect. But I still have a fluttery heart every time I see one on the road - granted, this isn’t often, but they certainly catch my eye.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

I feel seen :slight_smile: I also am drawn to every aspect of this bike and spent two years with it on an open tab in my browser most of the time.

7 Likes