OMG - stunned by van der Poel's Strade Bianche performance

Ahhh, that’s my biggest problem too. GvA start flogging me.

1 Like

pfffff… I can easily beat his max HR :grinning:

3 Likes

I had a pic taken once during a sportive. I barely recognised myself, the hunchback of thames velo.I just did not know my shoulders almost obscured my ears while I rode

2 Likes

I’m just going to bump this to say, again, that MVdP is a BEAST. None of this cajoling for position to stay safe and maybe nick a few seconds on your rivals. He just blew up the tour on day 2.

1 Like

He was outstanding yesterday but it’s only the first week and he’s not going to be around for the full tour from what I’ve read.
If/when he has a proper crack at the Tour it’ll be specatacular, especially racing against the likes of Alaphilippe, Roglic and Van Aert who all like attacking races.
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the Team Sky/INEOS processions in Grand Tours.

Yeah I can’t imagine him doing that every day for 3 weeks, though we would be in for a treat if he did.

“For the last 90 minutes and 60km he averaged 470w I think I read. I just didnt want to believe it.”

That is the truly impressive part.
I can fathom the numbers on a short sprint and even 556w for 83 seconds is still something I can get my head around and probably have a good crack at myself.

470w average for an hour and a half in the tail-end of a race, though? No, thanks, I’ll be pretending to be Lachlan Morton watching boulders turn into puppies, if that’s okay…

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see if MVP decides to ride the TdF again next year and go for the Green jersey instead of just a couple days in yellow. If he sticks around for the full 3 weeks he could definitely contend for green if he wanted to.

1 Like