One arm bandits of the TOS

Fractured my clavicle and scapula mid December and I’m hoping to be done with my sling before the Tour starts.

Who else is training one handed?

18 Likes

Sometimes it feels like I am one armed …

2 Likes

I have trained one armed in the past when I broke my left collarbone and rotator cuff.

1 Like

I love the dedication. On the picture it looks like your spirits are up and a small set back like this can not even bother you. Strong. :heart: True sufferlandrian spirit.

Hopefully everything heals properly and you can get rid of the sling in time.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Permanently. I had surgery to remove a tumour over two years ago which left me with no shoulder. I do have use of my hand, I just have to place it with the other hand. You can get used to pretty well anything.

3 Likes

Where is Dame Carole? She can certainly provide some advice!

2 Likes

I am partially 1 handed due to a splint for a broken Carpal! I can rest on the bars but not grip or put weight on it! Got to say you beat me hands down, well hand down at least! Hope it gets better soon!

2 Likes

Well, that makes my frozen shoulder seem quite bearable. Hope you heal up quickly!

1 Like

Had a nasty dog bite while running over the holidays. I’ve been doing the ToS Prep Plan mostly one handed since then. The stitches are out now and I will be back to being my bambidextrous self.

Moral of the story. Bike, don’t run, especially in winter!

6 Likes

I teared my left hand TFCC 3 months ago, but this didn’t stop me to bike. Currently my left hand is almost fully functional (using straps or taping). I’m starting to believe that kinesio tape can make miracles. I I wish you quick recovery and, as people in my country are saying - I wish your doctor to forget you!

4 Likes

@dame_carol where are you ??

Brilliant Tour that was.

1 Like

Sorry I missed this! Ouch! Hope you heal quickly and are done with the sling soon. You look like you have a good position on the bike. You have to take extra care not to “hunch” on your one shoulder. Engage that core! And lots of ice afterwards! Sorry to see others take up the OAB torch, but you’ll make it through!

4 Likes