Recommend a brand of bib shorts for a sprinter

I’m not a typical cyclist build.

What brand of bib shorts do “sprinters” usually go for. The online sizing charts stop at 80kg, and if I get down to 90kg I’ll be about 12% body fat which isn’t sustainable. Aiming for about 95kg as a long term weight.

Most bib shorts I’ve had so far are too long in the leg, or too tight in the leg and the over shoulder straps get restrictive.

I’m not tall (1.81m), short but big quads, long body and barrel chested.

Any brands that cater for the larger gentleman?

Martin

I’m an apple shaped round lady and I’ve been happiest with Black Bibs. Perhaps that would translate to the men’s gear? You might look at or contact them: The Black Bibs. Their models certainly look like “typical” cyclists, but I got them based on recommendations here in the forum about bibs that helped with saddle pain caused by longer rides.

1 Like

Most brands provide thigh measurements for their leg warmers but not their shorts, sizing tends to be consistent between one brands shorts and warmers. I found leg warmers to fit my 24” thighs and bought matching shorts from Lusso here in the UK, they do an XL that is listed as 66cm or 26” thigh circumference.

1 Like

Have you tried these guys:
Fat Lad At The Back

They’re all about normal body sizes

2 Likes

Seconded.

+1 for Lusso in general. Fit-wise, the stuff I have from them is less “aggressive” than my summer Endura kit. I’m told I “look like a cyclist” so can’t really comment on the sizing in context, but I can certainly vouch for the quality.

I love this forum. Thank you all for the tips. Brands I’d never heard of before which I just had a quick look at and I am hopeful I can find a good fit.

It’s always been hard to find good fitting clothes - rugby players are just built differently.

Martin

2 Likes

YES WE ARE @Fezzek!

Oh, you mean regarding clothes… :smirk:

I will confess that - as a scrummie/fullback, I’ve never had much trouble myself.

giphy

1 Like

When I played seriously I was a 54" chest and 34" quads. I was a center (#13) most of the time and I gave up because I was too small!

Martin

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

Yeah at playing weight I was a 1.74m 84kg scrummie. Tried to bulk up one year to play hooker and it broke me.

1 Like