This %**# App is Costing Hundreds More than I’d Budgeted

All my trousers are too big now. New clothes are expensive!

29 Likes

I hear you. On my second round of new wardrobe purchases. But it feels so good to buy them. I’ll add that I had little success with weight loss until I got my diet under control.

5 Likes

Just buy new cycling specific clothes and wear them everywhere. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

#LycraLife

2 Likes

Alex … I have purchased the same pair of jeans 6 times in the last 3 years (in ever decreasing sizes from 44" down to 30") … I know your pain. Belts just didn’t cut it …

6 Likes

I haven’t left my house in a year, so, I just usually don’t wear pants. :crazy_face:

19 Likes

while you have the wallet out you can get a new bike

6 Likes

There has to be one in every bunch, and I will volunteer.
I can still wear clothes from 25 years ago. Yes, they are still in one piece.

I will leave now. :biking_man:

9 Likes

Have you tried braces?? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Ha! Same here. Finally made the investment last fall for a new bike, trainer, and kit after 20 years - hard time spending money on myself, but wife was tired of watching me fall apart. Sorry I waited so long.

After three months, and post-ToS, some new wardrobe are definitely in the offing.

4 Likes

Hahaha! Thank God for Suf. With nothing else to do due to the 'Vid all I do is eat and drink. Suf has helped to keep bulking to a minimum.

2 Likes

The other problem SUF can offer up is that your waist shrinks, but then your legs grow. So you end up needing 30" waist trousers but with the legs from a 32" (or bigger!) pair!

2 Likes

Hmm. All of a sudden, my Facebook feed is littered with ads for belts. Well played, Zuckerberg.

2 Likes

And what comes on top are my chamois!
I’m with the SUF for 12 weeks now. What can I say? 2 of my best chamois, shredded!
I’m not even joking! I’m gonna post a picture when I get to the pain cave later.
Nobody told me I had to take this chamois thing literally!!!

2 Likes

I did … but the abuse I received for wearing them was intolerable (particularly from my wife) :joy:

2 Likes

For me it’s just having to do laundry so often!

4 Likes

Not even pajama bottoms?

1 Like

Only shredded chamois.

1 Like

Speaking of sizes… I have Pearl Izumi in sizes XS (PI Pro bibs) and M (PI Elite shorts). XS feels tighter, but they both seem to fit. To tell the truth, I tried out XS only because it was 50% off, and was surprised when I could get it on without issue. Is this typical for lycra? It doesn’t matter if you’re one off from the optimal size? I’m cautious about buying online from places that don’t offer free return shipping. Maybe there’s no need to worry?

The only place I’ve ever cared is with jerseys. I tend to measure progress by what jerseys I can fit into when I shrink!

I have bibs that are M - XL and all are comfortable and fit well. Only difference is (a little) leg length, as best I can tell.

1 Like