Size of smart bike

Hallo .
I’m planning to buy smart bike , I’m 198 tall
I’m not sure if it’s big enough for me.
Any one could help me with measurements to understand max length ?

Thank you for your help

1 Like

If I were you I’d reach out directly to wahoo support before making the purchase to ensure it can be adjusted so it will fit you. According to their own specs you are about 6 cm taller than their max rider height

1 Like

Thank you.
When I asking they sending me the spec. I wpod

The bike uses a standard round seatpost so you could replace with a longer one, 450mm is commonly available, even longer ones are on the market for use with folding bikes.

1 Like

the issue may be reach and not just height tho

All the photos I’ve seen show what looks like a standard stem and bars, which could be swapped out to get more reach, would probably invalidate warranty same as a longer seatpost🤷🏼

true…but…the top tube max extendable reach itself is fixed as is the max standover height, so, depending on the OP’s riding fit, swapping a seatpost won’t change the max standover height, and swapping a stem might still not provide enough reach. Hence, my suggestion to contact support directly :slight_smile:

Agree contacting support is the best course, but not following your other points. Stem adds to reach and pros are known to sometimes use very long stems…180 mm or more. For a taller rider with longer inseam, stand-over becomes a non issue. I think the main issue is structural.

I dunno, I’m not a botanist?

I guess that was my point. If wahoo is giving max specs then I wouldn’t just mess with swapping stems and posts. If the pros are doing it they’re doing it on frames that fit them.

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Pros are doing it because they use smaller frames to better fit extreme drops they use. There are only three contact points on a bike, the relative position of which determines the fit: crank, saddle, and bars. You only need to match the relative positions of those the duplicate a fit. How that’s accomplished via frame size, seat post, stem/bars doesn’t matter as far as the fit is concerned. It does affect the handling of the bike. A stationary bike doesn’t have any handling to worry about.

3 Likes

Like I said, I’m not a botanist.

1 Like