The View From The Top

Congratulations. You’ve scaled your personal Mt. Sufferlandria. What was it? How did you feel as you gaze out from the summit? Share your story and inspire those of us toiling up our personal slopes!

2 Likes

Hey @AlexEllermann, I moved this to the Success Stories category. Looking forward to hearing more!

2 Likes

Hi @Glen.Coutts,

Thanks. Now I know which category to visit for motivation!

1 Like

All good. I’ve reached my personal Mt SUF a few times. First was Knighthood, then vEveresting Alpe du Z, vEveresting 10k Leith Hill, vEveresting Mt Ventoux, irl Everesting Basecamp (1/2 Everesting) on a local speed bump. Planning for more. I can’t recommend the SUF Mental Toughness Program highly enough. I’ve got a new Mt SUF (of course), a couple actually. Love reading and hearing about people’s journey to be their best.

4 Likes

What a great idea for those who just want to throw in the occasional goal. Definitely worth reliving imho.
My first Mt. Sufferlandria was going to Lago di Gardo from my doorstep in 2 days (which involves 550km and crossing the alps). I envisioned the moment when I would crest the last hill and would see the lake below me. Thanks to the MTP I burned this picture in my mind. When I struggled during an interval I envisioned the lake below me and said to myself „if you can hang on for only 60seconds more you will make it to the lake“.
Having such a clearly defined mt sufferlandria really helped me to push my limits during training.
When I finally looked down at the lake I was kinda disappointed though, as it was not the most scenic spot when it first came into sight. :stuck_out_tongue:
Knowing that „I ve got this“ 2weeks before I took off also made the feeling of pride and accomplishment a little less :grin:
So in a nutshell: SUF prepared me too well😂
And I’m desperately in need of a new mt sufferlandria as I realized how important it really is for motivation!

1 Like

My original Mt Sufferlandria was to complete an Ironman by the time I was 45. The pandemic put a stop to that. Had to delay it indefinitely. Along the way I reached a number of personal milestones including running 13 half marathons (including 2 of them completed on back-to-back days). I completed 4 sprint triathlons. I had just completed my first full marathon and was getting prepared for my first Olympic Tri in March of 2020. After lockdowns started I had to adjust to primarily being a cyclist instead of a runner/triathlete and I moved on and completed my next 3 Mt Sufferlandria summits last year by completing a metric century, a full century, and then my SUF Knighthood.

Right now I’m kind of dangling out there with few options until the world situation improves. But on my radar are an Everesting and a second Knighthood quest ( before @Pierre :wink: ).

4 Likes