Tour de đŸ‡«đŸ‡· FEMMES fan page

It seems he can’t catch a break. It’s hard to imagine there being a loose hay bale in a race this big. Putting his dislocated shoulder back in place was a level of toughness I can’t even imagine.

He is my favorite rider, but I now think he won’t even be the team leader anymore. With Vingegaard winning the Tour, I think they’ll turn it over him.

1 Like

Erm, there is no honour in a Knighthood unearned :wink:

5 Likes

Well I’ve really enjoyed this TdF and, after the ride into Paris, we get another 8 days!!! Our local Tassie hero, National Aussie champ and OL host Nicole Frain is in the mix - did GvA afford her any Sufferlandrian coaching (winning tips) when she was with the team putting together those OLs: Tasmania?!

Vingegaard in that TT and challenging WvA. Pogacar fighting to the end. Wow!! I really enjoyed “Plan B” and I can imagine how what Jumbo-Visma went through last year motivated them for this year. Chapeau! Will we be seeing a new Inspiration vid next year called “Open Plan”?

Now, I know @CPT_A you were talking about Jakobsen here but I really hope this come to fruition with Caleb Ewan - I’m hoping he’ll make history today by being the first Lanterne Rouge to win Stage 21! After all the bad luck he’s had in Grand Tours over the past 2 seasons - go Caleb!

5 Likes

Unfortunately, that could very well be the harsh reality. This year’s tour doesn’t seem to be going Roglic’s way. I hope he would be given another chance next year to try and capture Yellow.

The honourary title can be revoked anytime though. Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New race, new title! (See what I did there?)

:smirk:

5 Likes

How’s this for a title : Honorary Sufferfestrian?!

1 Like

Well, 12th on 1st stage for our (Tassie/ Aussie/ On Location host) Nicole Frain!

3 Likes

Done with the men’s Tour, on to the Women’s series!
Allez! Allez! Allez!

1 Like

And Le Col Wahoo got combatif and best young rider. Not a bad start.

5 Likes

Vos is boss!

But my lord the crashes in stage 2?!? I heard something about strong winds or rain overnight making the roads slick, or was it nerves? Poor FDJ was just straight up carnage.

Also didn’t realize at first that Nicole Frain was the one that took a flier over Marta Cavalli in the first big crash. Hope everyone is ok!

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah, these crashes were very sad to see. I guess my heart stopped for a moment when Nicole Frain went full speed over another rider on the deck. I really hope she is well. At least she was able to finish the race today.

2 Likes

In the US, where are people watching this? I searched for it on YouTube TV, and all I found was an hourlong recap scheduled for next Sunday.

1 Like

Well, I was looking for Nicole Frain during the race and unfortunately she appeared in the wrong way. That was an awful crash. :frowning: Unfortunatley, Marta Cavalli got the worst of it and is now out of the race. Not the way you want to see someone’s race end on Stage 2. :frowning_face:

The first half of the race wasn’t televised (thanks, ASO), and then when it did come on the peleton was all together for over an hour. Unfortunately, it was the crashes that livened up the racing before the final circuit. The racing from that point was super exciting! Hopefully the crashes are toned down for the remaining stages. Want the racing to decide the stages rather than the crashes. :frowning:

3 Likes

Just like the TdF, in the US you’re stuck w NBC/Peacock TV for TdFF coverage, unless you’re going to ride a VPN to Europe, where you could see on GCN/Eurosport (or elsewhere). Something like $3.99 for Peacock TV streaming. TdF coverage with all the commercials was painful, but the alternate Euro feed was decent.

On the plus side, it appears all NBC is offering for the TdFF is the euro feed, so not bad coverage and few to no commercials. Straight live feed with a replay option later in the day, no stage wrap-ups or highlights.

2 Likes

GCN+ with a VPN and no commercials. Much better than NBC or Peacock.

1 Like

For once, NZ has better (and full) coverage than the US. Admittedly paid for on Sky Sports but I’ll take it!

2 Likes

I’ve not seen it mentioned here, so sorry if I missed it and repeating well known info, but was searching last night for ways to watch the TDFF and found this:

Free 9 day access to GCN+ including the full race footage of each stage plus highlights.
No idea if it’s location restricted, but works great for me in the UK and my daughter is excitedly watching the highlights too which is fab.

Amazing racing so far

3 Likes

There were a number of bad crashes. And one rider was down for a long time in a prone position with like 22km to go. But when I google the stage all I see are mentions of Cavalli. Does anybody know how the rest of the riders are doing that crashed? Such awful crashes. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, GCN+ coverage is excellent, but is territory-restricted for North America - NBC/Peacock network has rights to all ASO events over here at present. Includes not only TdF/TdFF, but also La Vuelta, Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix (:cry:), Criterium du Dauphine, LBL, and Fleche Wallonne, unfortunately.

VPNs can be good investments for cycling fans. Sigh.

1 Like

All the crashes really made me sick - it’s nasty.

Gaia Masetti is the one that did the belly slide in a corner - that looked pretty awful, she’s out of the race.

Laura SĂŒĂŸemilch is the one that didn’t get up for way too long - she’s in hospital now undergoing checks

1 Like