¡Vamos la Vuelta! (pagina seguidores)

The Aussies sure are having a wonderful time this year in the Grand Tours. No doubt about it!

A little out of topic, but footy in Australia is really football like how it’s played in the UK right? Rugby, both the Wallabies and the All Blacks are among the best in the world and the Sprinboks are up there too with you lads. Cricket… hmmm don’t know that much but I think our British, Indian and Sri Lankan friends are the best?

1 Like

Footy here is Australian Football League (or AFL) or Aussie Rules. Quite different to football in the UK which we call soccer here. I think a version is played in Ireland?

Rugby Union is what the teams you mention play - coming from South Africa I support 2 of those! There is then also Rugby League which is again different. Aussies and South Africans are right up there with cricket too!

But back to the Vuelta? Will Remco win? Has he gone too hot too early? And now the crash. Covid? Teams being decimated. I’m putting my money on some excitement over the remaining 9 stages.

1 Like

Oh no no no no…

1 Like

Yes yes yes. And sorry, but I forgot to mention that the South Africans are doing well in the Vuelta too - go Louis!!!

I have no issue with any team that anyone wants to support (apart from during a given 80 minutes on a Saturday). But two of them!

1 Like

I think you have to grow up with it, play it. For me, I can’t understand Test Cricket as a spectator sport!

1 Like

Oh no no no no!

Getign off topic a bit but… I’m a big rugby fan - played for 25 years myself, followed England round France for the RWC, even saw them lose first hand to SA in the final ! Can’t get my head around supporting 2 different teams though. That said, I don’t live in a different country to my birth.

Does it mess with your head when they play each other?

It was a wild guess you were a cricket fan :rofl:

TBH I don’t watch much sport (except when on the trainer watching bike races :slightly_smiling_face:). But if I had to choose, rugby it would be before most others.

It’s different for everyone when you move countries. Me? My home is wherever I am with my wife and daughter. In Australia over 20 years now and it is very much my home but there’s something primal that comes out in me when the Boks play. If they’re playing the Wallabies the Wallabies don’t get much support from me!

2 Likes

Bokke Bokke Bokke!!!

1 Like

I had a feeling this would pique your interest :south_africa:

There it is…

:grinning:

1 Like

Stage 14 - what a stage! Things are changing …

1 Like

Allllleeeeezzzzz Primoz!

Really hoping he can get win number four this year. 1:34 looks unassailable in remaining stages but who knows - Roglic will fight until the end and it could all change on a single climb.

1:34 after the latest stage hmmmm I am rooting for Primoz though but I think Evenepoel could be in the best position to win.

But as @JohnK mentioned, we have seen the fighter in Primoz though. At this point, I think it’s too difficult to predict.

1 Like

Simon Yates lost a a lot more than 1.34 wearing pink in a Giro stage a few years ago … On big mountain finishes a ‘crack’ or another rider being on super form that day can translate into a lot of time. Definitely open for Primoz to take his 4th. Exciting racing.

I am ready for the final week and excited for what’s to come in the final week.
Actually I was watching the highlights from stage 15 on GCN and couldn’t help but noticed, there are 3 Spaniards and 2 Aussies in the top 10.

It’s a great grand tour for both Spain and Australia so far :blush:

Agree! And really nice for the Spaniards as it’s their home Tour.

1 Like

Question, how one earth did Primoz fall at the end of stage 16?
I really feel sorry for him :frowning: This year hasn’t been a good year for him…

1 Like