¡Vamos la Vuelta! (pagina seguidores)

Yep. Awful to watch. I thought he would win but now I wonder if he’ll even finish. It is now definitely Remco’s red jersey to lose. First Belgian win in a GT since 1978 coming our way?

1 Like

Let’s hope he is really all good after the crash. 1m 26s isn’t a lot but it isn’t very little either. Hmmmm…

Even Padersen said Primoz hasn’t had a lucky year too…

Roglic abandons.

Poor guy, the fall looked nasty. Would be great to see him take on the Giro next year.

Remco’s to lose now.

Oh dear, that’s sad news.
Let’s hope he recovers quickly and well!

With the stages left, would you think Enric Mas will be able able to overhaul Remco for the red jersey and be the next Spanish winner after Alberto Contodor?

Really disappointed Primoz was unable to continue. He’s sure had some tough luck this year. The hay bale at the Tour and now this crash. I’m fairly new to watching road cycling, but he has quickly become my favorite rider. As mentioned before, he is a fighter. He also seems to have a high degree of humility. In this day and age, a quality we don’t always see in our star athletes.

2 Likes

Sir @Craig.Quarmby, I guess we spoke too soon and jinxed it, Jay Vine is out :frowning:

1 Like

Huge pity Sir @DarrenWCKam . Brutal sport this.

1 Like

AvV. One of us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Stage 20 - what a stage! Exciting to have seen Carapaz as a chasing stages rider rather than GC in this Vuelta (after the first week). Unbelievable stuff.

And I’m really happy to see Remco take out the GC - well deserved. So many stages where he was isolated yet he’s still pulled it off. TBH I shed a tear too when he was sobbing uncontrollably at the end - hard not to when witnessing such raw emotion and imagining the pressure he’s been under.

1 Like

What an amazing 3 weeks race this has been!
Ultimately it wasn’t a year for Primoz Roglic and neither was it a year for Julian Alaphillippe too. It was also unfortunate for Jay Vine to crash and withdraw from the race whilst leading mountains classification.

I am sure all three of them will come back stronger next year. I would love to see Roglic taking on the GC challenge in the Giro next year.

4 Likes

Late replying here - busy week!

Really Enjoyed the Vuelta and feel we have a deserved winner - Remco Evenepoel proving all the critics wrong and, apart from minor weaknesses shown 48 - 72 hours after the crash, was in complete control until the end. This is great for him - the pressure that he’s been under and all the criticism over the last 2 years.

Vine, Carapaz, Soler, Pederson and Ayuso really lit up the race for me. The tenacity of an injured Rodriguez! And of course Roglic - with all the new young talent surely time is starting to run out for him for further Grand Tour wins though.

Finally, 2 Aussies in the top 10!!!

Bring on the World Champs!

4 Likes