10 year quest - Sun 8th Jan 2023 (complete šŸ—”ļø)

Awesome suffering! You are going to crush your quest!

2 Likes

Thanks! Something will be crushed, me or it :scream::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! Keep up the enterpainment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, just keep going, itā€™s only another 5 rides :innocent: :smiling_imp:

Edit: nvm, I see you finished your prep already :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Haha I did briefly consider doing GOAT and seeing if I felt like carrying on, but gonna give it a couple of weeks and tackle it when fully prepared :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I seriously donā€™t know how people do that day with 5 in a row.

When I did my quest in ā€˜18, there were no KoS prep plans and if there was, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d make it. I did use the MTP to full effect and my Mt Sufferlandria was Knighthood. I was really confident in my success based on having done a nearly 11 hour outdoor ride and my laser focus on the ā€œprizes and accoladesā€ (mainly the decals).

For a similar stooopid goal, vEveresting Alpe dā€™Huez (on Z), my ā€œplanā€ was days with added reps and on the day I had to do 4, I just keep going.

3 Likes

I found it surprisingly more enjoyable that I expected, apart from Butter, that was a bit of a slog at the end. My 5 in a row wasnā€™t due until late Jan, but decided to have a go now and see how I felt about bringing the knighthood attempt forward as well. Work is going to be crazy from mid Jan which might scupper things if I wait.

I may regret this decisionā€¦

4 Likes

Right. Date is set - Sunday 8th Jan. Letā€™s goā€¦

9 Likes

I love the poetry of ending your quest on Rue the Day!

5 Likes

As it is written, so it shall be done

4 Likes

Right, letā€™s get this show on the roadā€¦

7 Likes

1/10

Blender complete at 75%

9 min breakā€¦

8 Likes

Way to kick off the suffering ā€“ I canā€™t imagine do a nearly-two-hour ride as part of the challenge, so well done!

4 Likes

This one has joined in a supervisory capacity. :black_cat:

10 Likes

Ah, yes, the cat as performance coach, very important. Mine really keeps an eye on my pedal stroke and form.

5 Likes

2/10

Nine Hammers complete at 75%

7 min breakā€¦

7 Likes

Brightening up outside :rainbow:

7 Likes

3/10

The Best Thing In The World complete at 75%

SYSTM crashed when trying to save workout :scream:. Fortunately workout was recovered :sweat_smile:

7 min breakā€¦

6 Likes

Youā€™re KILLING IT! keep going

3 Likes

4/10

Power Station complete at 75%

7 min breakā€¦

Raining outside now. ā€œNiceā€ in the shed here

7 Likes