10 years ago today

I’ll never forget the first time a laser goat chased me.

20 Likes

That’s a suspiciously tidy signature that GvA has there :thinking:

You musta been one of the founding members of our great nation. I never passed the Citizenship exam until 2017.

5 Likes

Brilliant!

10 years! Thank you for your extensive service to this great nation of Sufferlandria.

What was your KoS line up?

[edit:] @Glen.Coutts This reminds me I need to get my certificate laminated or framed. Or both.

2 Likes

That’s more like it!

I don’t remember how if I even received such a certificate before granted when I joined SUF, it was back in what 2018, I think? :thinking:

laminated is very important in case of Holy Water/SuffBucket splashes

1 Like

Is that different from the Knighthood Certificate? Or has it just changed formatting?

Indeed. The citizenship certificate was made available to ALL Sufferlandrians and provided after successfully completing the exam.

The KoS certificate is only provided to Knights.

5 Likes

Hmmm… I never had a citizenship certificate. Did they stop doing that at some point after Wahoo took over?

I did mine in early ‘17 well before The Acquisition and I dunno when it stopped. I think citizenship is conferred automatically now once the first ride is completed in our great nation.

1 Like

Here’s a blank template from the old old days if you want to mock up your own Sir @emacdoug. Pretty sure that it’s ok for us to self-certify ourselves as Sufferlandrians these days

8 Likes

@JamesT Thanks!

I would agree. Or at least self-certify in the presence of two Sufferlandrian witnesses. Tho, we are always being watched by the Laser Goats.

And… #TWAAW

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a passport or something too?

2 Likes

I thought the passport was something created by a specific Sufferlandrian and awarded during the ToS to folks who fundraised to a certain level.

Edit: there’s one in No Place Like Home

5 Likes

I remember there was such a thing too and I think it has since vanished since The Acquisition, at least from inside the app.

1 Like

Here is the Sufferlandrian passport from the TOS 2021. There were three pages of stamps for each of the workouts in the Tour. I have only reproduced one of those pages.

7 Likes

Interesting. TOS21 was my first tour but I didn’t get a passport. Was it just for Knights? It’s really fun!

1 Like

Not just Knights. You had to fundraise over a certain level.

3 Likes

Right, in the old SUF app, the Passport section showed how many times you’d ridden specific rides etc.

Many have asked for something similar in the SYSTM app but…

As for the hard copy passports:

3 Likes

I got mine by answering this ad:

3 Likes