Ability to Continue After Completed Workout

I have just finished a short workout, but wanted to continue and stay in ERG mode for a bit longer once the video had ended. Unfortunately the popup stopped me from changing settings and my only option was to click end workout. Clicking ‘Continue Workout’ was a feedback loop, bringing the end workout popup back.

2 Likes

@zsteyer Try the Extra Shot video - it is good when you want to get a bit more in after a workout.

If you click continue workout you can then drag the slider backwards to redo the last part of the video while it’s still paused. You can do this as many times as you want.

Or you can pull up “Recovery Spin” or one of the Open series if you want to ride longer than a couple minutes.

1 Like

As JSampson said, doing Extra Shot might be what you are looking for, if you want a bit of additional work. But if you are just looking to recover my go-to of choice is Thursday Fields. It is a real easy recovery with just the right amount of higher cadence to really clear the legs out over 20 minutes. I guess it depends on what you want to do over that extra time.

Welcome @zsteyer

I think what you’re asking is can you just continue riding as you can in some other apps. Unfortunately no. The quickest is as per @emacdoug - pause and drag the slider back. Seconds.

Otherwise you need to load another workout which takes a little longer. Extra Shot is great but IMHO it’s been mis-labelled. Extra Bite would be better …

1 Like

Hi,

Are there any plans to have the possibility to just continue riding a bit after a workout? Just kind of free ride to maybe just complete an hour for example?

Cheers

3 Likes

Agree that would be nice. I have found that when the ride ends the setting remain the same as when the ride stopped in terms of target watts if you are in ERG mode. But the controls still work in terms of intensity so you can bump it up to 110% (or any # you want) for a harder ride or lower it for an additional recovery. None of it gets recorded, but at least you can do what you would like for that time to some degree.

@TheBlackKite There is a video called Extra Shot that can add on time after a workout and there are also recovery NoVids. I don’t think the workout player allows the ability to extend so maybe that is a feature they can build into the next version. You could also use RGT when you may want to ride longer.