Alpilles

Oi! Grunter! I want a word with you!

I was promised that I’d never have to do chores again if I did The Chores and yet, at the end of Alpilles, there’s a Chores-wannabe waiting for me!

Another fine On Location ride that left a significant puddle of Holy Water under my bike.

Only slight disappointment was when Mike was discussing the Olive Oil he says “I went over to the dark side”.

Surely he meant to say “I went to A Very Dark Place”?

A chance for some audio editing @Francois-Wahoo ? :grinning:

10 Likes

I just rode Alpilles. Holy cow! This is everything I want in a virtual cycling experience! Great scenic videography, great commentary, great workout. I felt like I was on my fantasy French cycling vacation, but rocketing along at Cotty speeds instead of my usual MAMiL pace. This is the Rouvy/FulGaz killer. Tell me you have plenty more of these coming down the pipeline and I’ll buy a lifetime subscription.

7 Likes

I’m the same. I did this one last week and going in to it, I thought I would not like the video as I’m not a fan of just riding along to scenery. I was pleasantly surprised that it was engaging enough to keep me from getting bored and I really enjoyed it.

The switching from front to back bike and mixed in with the drone shots was great.

One of these for every no-vid please… :grin:

4 Likes

“Dry those tears” he says. Ouch, @michael.cotty. Where’s the aquaduct indeed…

:wink:

:olive::olive::olive:

3 Likes

Did Kunanyi with Nicole Frain, thank goodness I wasn’t climbing that irl, it looked horrible thankfully on SYSTM it was doable just and the views from the top OMG just amazing anyone who hasn’t done it should give it a try, those 32 minutes of climbing are pleasantly unpleasant

2 Likes

@Shaned1972 That whole series is great - I enjoyed the climb as well.

2 Likes

The chance to ride in other countries virtually of course and see the history of the places is fantastic and I hope the On Location rides can only get better in the future @JSampson

2 Likes

I just rode the Alpilles workout.Thank you @michael.cotty , what a ride, what an approach. Everything you could dream of in a workout.You get to see a beautiful landscape, you learn something and you get motivated.

I was there in april and was sorry that I didn’t have my bike with me, but this made up for it.

More of this!

4 Likes

Super happy to hear you enjoyed the session! Muuuuch more on the way! :v:t3:

6 Likes

I just rode this myself, really great workout.
It was nice doing it early morning and seeing the sunrise in the video, it really got me other mood.
I was struggling after the first over/unders but held on to the end.
In general I really struggle on a trainer to stay engaged without music and the usual Suf video footage, so it always amazes me how Mike manages to keep me in going to the end.

Also,

Mike Cotty: Sips a teaspoon of olive oil, “That’ll keep me powered up for the rest of the day”

Me: 4 bacon sandwiches, a pack of sausages, 2 loaves of bread, a couple of avocados, several mugs of tea, “Hmmm I’m hungry”.

I think this explains the many, many differences between Mike and myself.

Thank you @michael.cotty

6 Likes

Ha! :joy:

1 Like

My niece bought me one of these a few years back for my birthday!

See also:

6 Likes

Haaa, nice. I like to think of it the other way around, in burritos per mile.
I’m @ 36 on that metric!

3 Likes