On Location rides

This morning I ticked off the last of the On Location rides. I loved every single one! These sessions are not easy for anyone thinking they may be a scenic spin through the countryside, some very testing workouts. I absolutely love the local bits of history and especially anything relating to food. Being a lover of riding in the mountains of France these sessions tick all the boxes. Thanks Mike Cotty. Anymore in the pipeline?
Also where does one get the plain black Wahoo kit?

19 Likes

Love them.

I did Luberon last night as an ā€œeasyā€ option for the dayā€¦
3x3 + 1x4:30 of MAP on an ā€œeasyā€ ride :smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve recently ā€˜discoveredā€™ these and am really liking them too. They motivate planning a summer vacation to France :fr:

I donā€™t think @michael.cotty would mind being send for another few of these. :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed! The last 4 1/2 min interval was tough.

Sign me up! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

Indeed! Two French trips booked for 2022!

1 Like

ā€œeasyā€ right :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My eyes will never recover from @michael.cotty milking a sheep

7 Likes

Iā€™m not a good decision maker.
Never trust me with ā€œWe need to keep the efforts low todayā€.

4 Likes

Hi All,

The On Location Rides with Mike Cotty are some of my favorites on SYSTM.
Mike always brings along interesting information about the areas.
We definitely need have more of these available. Vive! Tour de Cotty

8 Likes

Echo everyoneā€™s sentiments. These are a fantastic addition to an ever increasing library and they are also bloody tough!

Being a British expat now in the US I might not get the chance to ride the fantastic, legendary climbs but doing them through SYSTM makes me feel like I am almost there.

Canā€™t wait for more of these.

7 Likes

Can any one tell me which rides are Provence and which are Pyrenees?

Iā€™m sure I could do it on a map, but figured someone here would know off hand. I just like to do rides in blocksā€¦ like 2 holidays in the pain cave!

1 Like

Litor, Gavarnie, Baronnies and Lac de Cap de Long are Pyrenees.

(It says it in the description of the session. )

Iā€™m about to finish my week in the Pyrenees and will move to Provence next week :wink:

4 Likes

There are absolutely more of these coming! Stay tuned!

24 Likes

A thought: there must be great routes in the Andes, in Africa, in Canada, in Australia, in New Zealand, in Leadville. The world is wide!

6 Likes

I was thinking they ought to strap some cameras on Boz for Unbound 2022!

4 Likes

Amazing! Canā€™t wait for those

1 Like

SUF camp ( or SYSTM CMP?) - a week of locations with @michael.cotty ? Iā€™ld be all in!

2 Likes

On location suggestion: Old Fall River Road from Estes Park, CO to the Rocky Mountain National Park visitor center. Local to the minions in CO and a wonderful ride!

1 Like

I tried my first location ride on Sunday - Lac de Cap de Long.

Iā€™d like to complain about it being far too realisticā€¦ I punctured! How the heck do you puncture on a turbo with a bike that hasnā€™t left the pain cave for months, if not years?!?

I enjoyed the section of the ride I did get to see though!

7 Likes