Apple Watch app

Hi I just saw DC Rainmaker YouTube video here https://youtu.be/mVX3pxrXBwg?is=N_3w2-retzxghWEW, where a new Wahoo app run on Apple Watch which ia awesome, something that a couple of years ago I have requested to support, however do you know when it will be available in Portugal, I do not have yet the option to install it on the Apple Watch.

Thanks

My related question is whether Wahoo will start reading from Apple Health — if I do some workouts with the Wahoo Apple Watch app but others with the default Workout app, would they all show up in Wahoo?

1 Like

Does anyone know if/how you can add the wahoo workout (when recorded on apple watch) to apple fitness? Is it sent to Apple Health/fitness afterwards or not? I know some apps let you run both apps simultaneously so that the workouts appear in both environments but don’t know if that’s an option.

Tested the Wahoo app on my AWU3 today.

tl;dr: No good for me, as it does not give running power, not even post-run via Apple Health.

It does not show power, apparently Wahoo does not calculate running power like Apple or Garmin, it only takes input from a power sensor (which probably 99% of runners don’t have). I find that very surprising. Also after export to Apple Health and Intervals there is no power data, so nothing post-processed.

While it records cadence in Wahoo, this measure seems to get lost in the transition to Apple Health and Intervals - no cadence available there.

And it did not take my watch as HR input, not sure where I might have missed a setting. Apple maps and adds the HR graph after export though, so this is subsequently available in Intervals.

Maybe I did something wrong and there are some hidden settings and this is all just user error. I like the interface and don’t like the limited data fields of the native Apple Fitness app.