Can we have an Android App

…or you could just listen to what Sir David says. :smiley:

5 Likes

Is there any way to volunteer for the beta testing?

6 Likes

Check-in here!

4 Likes

Hello, Android and Linux user here.:joy:
I reckon I am a minority since I don’t even have a Windows computer.

Very excited for the launch which is planned in February, but I wonder since I’m a Linux user if there’s a chance to use the Windows software via Wine on Linux? I’ve managed to set up Zwift by using the latest version of Wine but there are limitations.

Thanks.

1 Like

Should get an award for a REAL Sufferlandrian…

2 Likes

Is there an Android app?

Dear Sir David, thanxs for the update.

3 Likes

Definitely will be glad to see this added as I will soon be taking the trial run. I am a Android fan for sure.

2 Likes

One of the biggest issues for me with not having an Android app is with planning. The time when I am most able to do that I am at work away from my computer, so not able to see any of the stuff in the app to help do that. Is there any way to even have a list of workouts with descriptions apart from the app? Maybe there is some of this available somewhere on the site, but I haven’t found it.

1 Like

Login to the SUF website. The Training Plans are shown under the Training Plans tab and can be added to your calendar. And you can see your scheduled workouts under the Calendar tab and see the coach’s notes and workout overviews. You just can’t see a list of every workout available - only the ones currently scheduled and shown in your calendar.

What I would like would be a blank calendar and a list of workouts on the left to arrange as I see fit and be able to move or change them at any time. I’m sure it works for many people to use an off the shelf plan or a customized one, but for my schedule I need much more flexibility. Yes, I know you can do this in TrainingPeaks, but it is a premium feature and yet another app to go into.

Currently, the calendar is only there so you can see the workouts from the SUF training plans you select. If you want to create your own training plan, then the calendar doesn’t currently support that. I think I may have heard that they’re working on an update that will be rolled out in Q1 2021 that may include this, but since I don’t work for SUF I can’t say for sure. It would be nice to be able to add our own workouts to the calendar. We can modify a SUF training plan by moving existing workouts to different days, but can’t add our own. Even while doing a SUF training plan it would be nice to be able to add my own workouts to the calendar, as needed, as well. Maybe a minion has more info.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I hope that happens in the update. Even just a having a list of all the workouts would be nice. I like my time for riding to be just that, not scrolling through the workouts to do something different that I could have planned earlier in the day or the night before.

1 Like

Hi @David.McQuillen.KoS , any update on the app testing/release status?

4 Likes

Currently the only way that I found to run the app on Linux is inside Windows VM with virt-manager/kvm and USB bluetooth adapter. The performance is acceptable and everything seems to work, except the Windows bluetooth stack, which looks more buggy than Linux one. Also I found that sensors should be first paired with OS, than unpaired and paired with app, and if you don’t pair them with OS, the app can’t find them.

Any update on how the beta is going?

1 Like

I have to admit I am a bit disappointed with sufferfest lately… no news, no new features, no app, no answers … dont understand…

2 Likes

+1
I am really in need of an android app. I hope it will be published shortly.

2 Likes

Worth noting, but depends on whether it’s something people do of course, the Tour of Sufferlandria has just been organised, run , with thousands of riders raising the best part of $400k for charity - presumably a bit ticket thing for a company the size of Sufferfest to deliver. So that along with some new videos in recent times has been pretty big news for me.

That is not of course the release of an android app, but there has been plenty news !!

9 Likes