The New App is Coming on the 28th of September

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post here about what was happening with The Sufferfest. I didn’t say too much in that post about what was coming. And today…I still can’t. Just think of it like waiting for that 16th surprise interval in Revolver.

But what I can tell you is to get ready – on the 28th of September, we’ll launch an entirely new app. And, yes, it will work on Android . Not only that, but there will also be a bucketload of new content. And based on how our Sufferlandrian beta testers have reacted, I can say right now that you’ll be genuinely surprised and, I hope, delighted by what we’ve come up with. The team and I are very proud of it.

So. What do you need to be ready for this change? Most importantly, you’ll need to make sure your device can run the new app*. That means minimum operating systems of:

• **iPhone/iPad: iOS 14. *** If your apps are set to auto-update, the app will do so automatically.
  • **MacOS: Catalina 10.15. *** You’ll need to download the new app. We’ll provide you with a link on the day. You can delete the old app once you’ve got the new one.
  • **Windows Computers: Windows 10 (v1903). *** You’ll need to download the new app. We’ll provide you with a link on the day. You can delete the old app once you’ve got the new one.
  • Android: Android 9. You’ll be able to download directly from the Google Play store.

Have no fear – your workout history will still be there after the update, as will all of your badges / achievements and any training plan currently loaded onto your calendar. Note that you will need to re-download any previously downloaded videos.

More to come as we get closer to launch. Thank you for your patience – I know it’s been a long wait.

68 Likes

Genuine inbox excitement when this email landed! Thanks David and team, excited to see what you have done :smiley:

6 Likes

Perfect timing as I’m just dusting off the turbo ready for winter in the Northern hemisphere. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update David, really looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us. Will you be releasing what features are in the new app or do we have to wait and see?

2 Likes

Wonderful news in the inbox today, big thank you to the whole team. Exciting season ahead!

3 Likes

28/9/2021.

A good day :+1::+1::grin::grin::muscle::muscle::ok_hand::ok_hand::white_check_mark:

3 Likes

28-9-2021 marked as a day off from work :slight_smile: Winter season is coming so right on time this year. Very curious to see what they have created.

4 Likes

Wahooziers! Perfect timing! I test out FF for the Fall/Winter on the 26th then winter all-road plan starts on the 4th of Oct. I can’t wait. Is there going to be any new content where maybe I should think about reloading my Fall/Winter block so I capture that new content? If you can’t answer that till the 29th I totally understand. So Excited!

3 Likes

Woot! I just signed up for my first 70.3 in 4 years next July. I’m looking forward to doing it with a Sufferfest plan this time! Fingers crossed that there are some enhancements to the running/multisport content.

2 Likes

Super exciting! Really looking forward to this!!

2 Likes

I already like the sufferfest as it was. Didn’t know it could get any better :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pain cave is ready for the winter season & SUF Laser G.O.A.T. T-shirt & flag are in place to give the new app a warm welcome!

3 Likes

Based on:

I think you can assume it’s likely, yes.

5 Likes

Whoop whoop whoop…made my day!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Really looking forward to it and perfect timing :pray::grin:

2 Likes

Any chance of removing the long and the extra effort in revolver? Oh yeah, I didn’t think so!!!

2 Likes

Waiting is the worst suffering of them all…

4 Likes

Yes, just like Rest before an interval. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:
My hopes are for some kind of “let’s do a session together with my team-mates” and that we could see each others efforts - have some chats around the session afterwards. Something social

And off course a companion app to adjust settings during session.

2 Likes