Davide Rebillin

Sad news coming out of Italy where Davide Rebillin has reportedly died as a result of a hit and run while out riding today. I’ve only recently completed Il Vecchio Saggio in SYSTM which I thoroughly enjoyed which outlines what he went through as a young rider and how he went about redeeming himself. A real tragedy.

2 Likes

OH NO!!!

So very sad. I mean, EVERY time this happens to a cyclist it’s sad, but man…

:cry:

2 Likes

This is so sad. :cry:

RIP Davide.

2 Likes

Gutted. I just added an ‘In Memory’ line for him in the workout description of Il Vecchio Saggio, a film that went some way to changing how I thought about him.

16 Likes

Same here. I found the story sad and inspirational.

What sad news.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s so sad. I was rooting for him.

2 Likes

Super sad. :disappointed:

Will do Il Vecchio Saggio during weekend in memory of Davide. :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Bravo @David.McQuillen.KoS , et un grand chapeau a Davide, aussi (bien sur).

4 Likes

@leebo , thanks for bumping this thread back up. I watched Il Vecchio Saggio for the first time today as an extended warmup before the Phil Gaimon Feb challange ride.

If anyone hasn’t already seen it, try and find a space to fit it in. The documentary is a moving study of Davide Rebillin made very poignant by last year’s tragedy.

7 Likes

I did VIOLATOR today, and then looked for a nice recovery video. Il Vecchio Saggio was on the calendar for a plan I’m generally ignoring, so it fell right into place.
GREAT STORY.
And I had not seen this thread or made any connection to the name until watching today.
A sadness for us for sure, but I think his life spoke volumes. So glad this video told us something about it. It blessed me… I’m expecting to meet Davide one day and ride with him!

3 Likes