Elemnt Bolt 2 Calculating Elevation Gain During Indoor Sessions

Hi everyone,

I’m having an issue with my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt 2 when using it with my Elite Suito home trainer. Over the past few days, during my indoor training sessions, my Wahoo has been calculating an elevation gain, which it didn’t do a few weeks ago. When I check the activity history in the app, I can even see an activity map (static above my house).

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I’d say the computer didn’t go into indoor mode so it had some kind of GPS signal.

The computer displays the indoor/Kickr mode before I start the activity. Also, Strava correctly identifies the activity as indoor cycling.

1 Like

I downloaded the file from my last session and opened it with FIT File Viewer.
It’s clearly marked as an indoor cycling session.

There’s an error when I try to add an image, so here’s a link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I don’t have Wahoo but at least with Garmin, I think you do have the option to set INDOOR Activity Type to turn off GPS. I would look for the same setting option in your INDOOR Ride type and even if that shows it as OFF already, I would toggle that ON, back out of the settings completely, and go back in and Reset it to OFF again to make sure the device is not using GPS. If it’s showing you located at your house, it seems to me it IS using GPS for that, as aerobrain suggested.

If it’s showing you located at your house, it seems to me it IS using GPS for that, as aerobrain suggested.

I agree with both of you. And that’s why I’m looking for an explanation and a solution.

The computer goes into “Kickr” mode as soon as it detects the signal from the home trainer and I can’t change modes once this one is activated.
I don’t understand why it changed (everything was working correctly before mid-June).

Might be time to reach out to support and verify nothing changed. It appears that the “kickr” setting has enabled GPS.

I followed your advice and contacted support.
I did a factory reset, but it didn’t change anything.

The mystery remains unsolved. :man_shrugging:

Anyway, thank you for your help.