Estimate your minimum daily calorie intake

I loved reading this - both for your being on the way to recovery and the principals it outlines. I always think that if we treated ourselves like we treat our cars we’d be far better off - we wouldn’t dream of fuelling a petrol car with diesel, or with known contaminated petrol, but we’ll often do that equivalent to our bodies. And, of course, as cars become more high performance, the fuels become far more specific than just diesel vs petrol. No wonder then that as we become more “high performance” our bodies start falling apart on the wrong/ poor fuels.

And you mention timing. Yes, a calorie does not always equal a calorie. A calorie consumed a half hour before hitting the sack is vastly different to one consumed 3-4 hours before. And a calorie consumed when one’s sleep deprived is vastly different to one consumed when one’s not.

Now, you’ve given me a kick up the proverbial to be more consistent with an increased protein intake …

3 Likes

Good stuff Craig! A regular kick up the proverbial is typically a necessity. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you so much @DameLisa ! All so very helpful. Also inspiring.
Keep on pedaling

1 Like