Is Cycliq trustworthy?

The waterproofing on the new Fly 6 definitely seems to be a recurring problem.

I’ve not ridden in the rain since they replaced mine so I don’t know if the newer ones have had the issue resolved.

1 Like

I posted the broken light back to Cycliq on the 4 August and mailed them the tracking code.

I watched the tracking and they received it on the 11 August.

Today I got a mail thanking me for confirming that I’d posted it. Not that they’d received it, that I’d posted it. They are so slow, it is as though once a fortnight someone decides to check the inbox and reply to a few emails.

My new (replacement) fly 6 died on the weekend… Purple light of death. And they’ve already sent the replacement unit. It’s been the best support experience with them so far… Obv not happy that is died again but at least the support had been fast and helpful this time

2 Likes

NO. They produce a sub-standard product that does not meet the advertised capability and have a customer service standard that can only be described as one of the worst in the world.

1 Like

I agree that the quality is not there. And yes - it does not meet the quality you should expect, given the cost. I don’t know how the economics of design / manufacture / sell / support stack up, but my personal preference would be "improve the quality and charge $20 more ". The $20 really makes no difference to the total cost as a consumer relative to the (expensive) unit, but that is probably enough to improve quality in a meaningful way.

And support has been terrible.

However this last experience, this week, has been totally unlike any of my previous experiences. I live in hope.

1 Like

I, on the other hand, have had excellent experiences with support. Very clear and helpful.

I had friendly support, it just took them weeks to reply to each email.

Gen3 died yesterday. It arrived in July. Sub-24hr response to my photos and just querying just now whether there’s any point in a replacement - as in theory I had a newer model already.

If I am reassured by a) warranty still being long enough to enable a refund if the next one doesn’t work and b) there are now new seals in these so they’re waterproof then I’ll give one a second chance.

Big change on the speed of query response though which is great.

Something to keep in mind: The Fly 12 has about a 90-minute battery life. It’s great for commuters, not so great for long rides.

1 Like

Have being buying Cycliq products since they started so I can attest to this…
Current version Fly12CE is very robust & hard wearing. Their mounts are crap though and do fail. Have had the Fly12 hit the deck whilst clipping away on a ride due to mount failure. The device survived.

Fly 6 Gen3 is an absolute DOG of a product. I am on my 4th one now having had the 1st 3 fail due to water ingress. The 4 has also just failed. My next step is to get my money back. They are ridiculously bad quality. I’ve no idea how the company is surviving with the level of issues they have on this product.
Avoid Fly6Gen3 if you live in a wet/damp climate!

2 Likes

From experience of the people, I know the 90min is about good for the first three months and after that you will see a significant degradation in performance. Battery life seems to be a major problem with all their units.

I’ve got the original fly 12 and the newest 12 (whatever is called now). My 5 year old one lasts about 4 hours on low vid and light setting. Used to do 6+ when new. The new fly 12ce is doing about 5 hours. My normal Saturday is 6-7 hours and Sunday 4 hours, so not quite long enough - but still better than any other camera light combo. I’d like the option to drop the framerate on the camera - fewer refreshes and writes should mean less power draw / minute.

I’d also prefer an additional 20-50g weight, that was used for a bigger battery and better seals.

For mounting, race direct have good aero mounts for basically any cockpit out there. The freight is now expensive than the Mount… The website is hard to navigate but the price is good, they’re helpful, and the quality is good. I got a custom wahoo bolt + cycliq mount for canyon aero bars. Super happy with it.

That’s the generic mount (non canyon specific)

I bought a random double up mount off Amazon so I’ve got the light on the bottom and computer on the top. Not had any problem with it but still use the string loop as a backup just in case.

1 Like