Kickr Bike v2: increasing play in the tilt mechanic

I am using my kickr bike v2 now since 3 months. I recently developed “play” in the tilt mechanics. If I push the frame forwards and backwards the axle goes approx 1mm towards the tilt motor. Something seem to be loose or broken.

It is very anoying during cycling and can not be good for the mechanics.

The following video shows the play, look at the black line I draw on the axle going into the tilt-motor-unit:

Any tips about how to deal with this?

Andreas

I have the same issue. Did you get a fix?

1 Like

Same issue here, the bike is 1mo old…

Did you contact Wahoo Support directly?

They may skim the forums, but rarely respond directly.

1 Like

Same, spent a few hrs removing bolts and re tightening to no avail…. Honestly it’s hard to pin point what is loose, but I think the orig post above is it…. I’ll send a request but anyone heard anything ?

My KICKR V1 does the same thing, and as far as I know, always has.

I haven’t seen any degradation or change in that behavior, and I am not sure it represents any problem at all, other than that I can hear and feel the “knocking” sound and movement at certain times. Basically, anytime I am shifting my weight forward to stand, or putting in hard standing efforts.
I suppose I wish it didn’t do that, just because it doesn’t match something I would ever feel on my actual road bike during an outdoor ride.

Beyond that, it is really a minor thing, as long as it doesn’t mean something is failing, and I don’t think it does mean that at all. I suspect it is an inherent amount of play in that lift mechanism, which obviously is going to wear and need service/replacement at some point, hopefully a long while from now, but if and when it does, as long as I can access the part, I would replace it myself. It doesn’t look to me that it would be terribly difficult to do.

One disclaimer I will add is that the noise heard on the OP linked video is hard for me to comment about very much because I’m not sure where the sound originates or what the OP is doing to make the bike tilt back and forth on that mechanism.
Manipulating mine just by pressing up/down/forward/backward on the upper frame results in a small knock, but doesn’t sound exactly like the OP video. Mine sounds deeper and more like a small thud, while the OP sound seems more like a “click” to me. What that means in terms of a difference is a mystery to me. :slight_smile:

One thing that is not a mystery to me is that I still like my KICKR BIKE a LOT!