Kickr Snap

Look out for a good S/H one

To temp you a bit further :innocent: @Oldcatnewtricks, in Canada, right now, the Kickr Core is selling for $999 ($300 off) and the V5 Kickr for &1299 ($500 off). Even the Climb is discounted at $769 ($130 off).

1 Like

Oh I’ve been looking at the sales Glen and am giving it some thought.

From what I understand the Core has essentially the same functionality as the Kickr V5, but slightly less ability: 16% vs 20% max gradient; 1800 vs 2200 max watts, 2% vs 1% accuracy. That said, it would be more than capable for what I need. I really don’t see myself trying to attack a 20% gradient when 10% gives me significant trouble.:pleading_face:

At any rate, lots to think about. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

The Core also doesn’t come with a pre installed cassette. Not a big deal of course but you should know. I’m coveting a new thing or 2 myself atm. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As for the cassette, my bike has a 10nspeed cassette and, from what I understand, the Kickr comes with an 11 speed so I’d need a new one anyways.

OK Glen, spill it, what other goodies are you looking at?

2 Likes

I thought you’d never ask :joy: :joy: :joy:

I’ve wanted an electronic groupset for the past few years but the price was out of my budget cuz I also wanted a set of decent wheels. After selling my 2016 Diverge Comp Carbon a year and a bit ago, I bought a '21 Domane SL5 (with mech 105) and a set of Bonti Aeolus Pro 37s. Now that 105 has Di2, I’m drooling over this Gen 4 Domane SL6. So much so, that I am thinking of selling my SL5.

2 Likes

Oh man, you’ve got it bad Sir @Glen.Coutts. :smirk:

1 Like

hehe, if the boss said “do it”, I’d be riding the new hog in 2023. It’s actually in stock at my LBS :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Yeah, “the boss”. sigh

1 Like

In the end peer pressure won out. I returned the SNAP and came home with this.

10 Likes

I have never tried the Snap but my Core is blooming brilliant. You’ll love it.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re pretty bad that way…

:smirk:

2 Likes

You made a wise choice moving from the Kirk Kinetic. I’m sticking with mine for now because I’m in two disiplines and I don’t like swapping cassettes.

You hear that Wahoo?!

Now about those kickbacks…

3 Likes

You will LOVE it!!! Do it Sir G!!+

3 Likes

It’s cheaper than a car…that’s always my justification. I do more bike mileage. A bike is cheaper to buy and cheaper to run. Let’s noy disciss how my car is absolutely limping along though. Haha

2 Likes

Actually my bike was more than my wife’s car but shhhh!

3 Likes

IKR?

1 Like

Yeah I can relate to this as well :rofl: :shushing_face: Cheaper to service though. And no fuel costs (if we ignore the increased food bill)

2 Likes

This is definitely true. Cake is expensive, but not as expensiver.

1 Like