Knights of Sufferlandria Team

You silly sod! You got us all worked up!

2 Likes

monty-python

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Not as bad as the release video. my god it looks like the corporate training team was given the task of coming up with this. I swear I nearly fell asleep half way through.

3 Likes

It was rather drab. As a relatively new Sufferlandrian, the historical shenanigans were much more appealing than this one. Not sure if this year’s video would have motivated me, if I wasn’t already in (and I can never leave).

4 Likes

Yeah that was…sad. Was looking forward to the comic relief of the reveal, at least.

This whole thing feels like an afterthought this year. I’m imaging some last minute “oh there’s this thing we put on early in the year. Someone call marketing.”

Betting odds that I WON’T be adding the poster to the pain cave wall this year.

I am grateful to Sir @emacdoug for putting together the Knights team, because the Shenanigans are the only part of this that’s got me motivated so far. Well, that and hosting the ARBTOS of course.

AARGH! Except it won’t even be the ARBTOS this year, will it?!? Have to think about what to even call it.

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

So yeah. We’ve already taken some shots at alternative poster. Anyone want to come up with an alternate race bib for the team?

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Doing our best but any $ welcome. I was going to ride up Mt Suf in my goat suit this weekend but the attempt has been delayed due to apocalyptic flooding here. Been working non stop since Friday in event response so have been offline, apologies. Monday here now and we’re stood down for the day as apparently more crazy rain coming tomorrow.

5 Likes

I thought about but I have a wierd mind that most might not get. It was the old Sufferlandrian crest with various super trooper references from the “Shenanigans scene” and instead of numbers everyone had to pick a vowel combination.

1 Like

Hope all are safe, @DameLisa !

3 Likes

If anyone doesn’t want to join the Tour, but still wants to donate to the team, you can donate to any of our personal pages and it will get added to the team total.

2 Likes

I’ll probably just do my own bib and it’ll be a not overly creative version of the template as I’m not an overly creative sort of Knight. If someone else comes up with one that I like better than my own, I can always swap later.

2 Likes

How about this? I’ve toned down the corporate feel of it a little:

5 Likes

Well its an improvement, and thats saying something!

:wink:

That’ll work I think :crossed_swords:

6 Likes

Curious, how did you manage to change “I’m riding” to “I’m suffering” while retaining the background Sir?

2 Likes

paintbrush & smudge tool in Affinity Designer :writing_hand:

3 Likes

Ahhh. Fancy.

1 Like

Those are nice designs!
I shall come up with something too, but just like Sir Glen, I am not an overly creative Knight :smile:

joined the team, created a bib (1st attempt), let’s go

9 Likes