Mount Lemmon Ride

Absolutely brilliant that my 100 mile GG plan ends on the exact day my weekend riding group is going to do the #38 hardest climb, Mount Lemmon in Southern Arizona. Due to a massive mistake in fixing road gaps and potholes, I’m going to move the start up the climb but never fear, I’ll definitely be Suffering. After that I’m going to start winding up for my Fall ‘A’ event, El Tour de Tucson. The idea is to complete, as always, the Century version. And as always, I display Knighthood by riding rolling support, or Bike Patrol. It’s time to load up the 200 mile GG plan as this will be more close to what I will be riding this year.

6 Likes

aww, i remember the TdT. Did the century while stationed in AZ years back. Rode about 1/2 of it w the womens over 70 national champ. she was awesome!

2 Likes

If you’ve got Strava, look up Lionel Sanders rides up Mt. Lemmon for inspiration. Gotta love that climb!

1 Like

Epic Rides did a video of the climb from Tanque Verde to Windy Point. Trainer Road had a corresponding map of the effort. Was very good.

I’ll definitely look up Lionel. I think I know him as well.

Right on!