πŸš€ New Knowledge Episode - Understanding Resting Heart Rate and Heart Rate Variability (HRV) πŸš€

Episode 49! - Understanding Resting Heart Rate and Heart Rate Variability (HRV)

Hello listeners! You will notice I have changed the link to The Knowledge by Wahoo to the Apple Podcast site. This is in an effort to drive us up to the top of the cycling iTunes podcasts category. If you are a fan of TKP please take a quick second to rate our show via the link and write a review if you could. This will help drive our visibility. Hearability? U know what I mean. This would mean a lot to us and thank you in advance. Let’s make TKP top 10 this year! ty

Listen here: The Knowledge Podcast

Data about your resting heart rate and heart rate variability can tell you how well your training is going.

As endurance athletes, we’re used to monitoring our heart rate while we’re working out. But our heart rate at rest - and the variability between beats - can tell us a lot about how well that training is working. Mac and Ginger go deep into the science so you know what to pay attention to and why, when you’re ready for more work and when it’s time to back off.

3 Likes

Just as an adjunct, I’ve been using HRV for more than five years. It definitely tells you when to take an extra day of recovery and can also let you know when you are overtraining and risking injury or illness. It can also let you know when you are feeling great but are at the edge of getting ill. Hope these are covered in the podcast.

1 Like