Ready for the Wahooligan Tour?

That is precisely why I HATED workouts in Zwift. The efforts don’t match the terrain. I’d much rather just ride up the Stelvio, or Ventoux, or any climb for that matter. That said, my plan is to ride Stage 7a using SYSTM so I can hear Sir Standsalot but have RGT recording power. Then, and feel free to do the same, for 7b, just ride up Passo dello Stelvio at 100% trainer difficulty for “fun”. Making Stage 7 the Queen Stage.

3 Likes

miniion-what

From my cold, dead hands…

Forza!

2 Likes

Yeah, still torn on how I’m going with this for the not-ToS. I may just go for stage 7b in RGT w the KoS gang, and stick w SYSTM for all things @michael.cotty.

2 Likes

I’m just running RGT (no resistance control) in the background with SYSTM maximised over the top. For stage 7, I bet I finish TGTTOS before I get to the top of Stelvio, so the idea is to save the SYSTM workout, switch resistance control back on in RGT and finish the climb :ok_hand:

3 Likes

That’ll be faster than my stooopid plan but islagiatt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Also a good plan.

1 Like

TBF, Sir @Glen.Coutts, we KNOW your plan is going to be nuts…

1 Like

So nuts it almost tempted me. Haha

2 Likes

Public Service Announcement for those who have never done Revolver:

“Never, ever trust what a minion tells you.”

6 Likes

It’s not too late :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

So that’s a 3 or so hour stage 7 for you, Sir Glen? Seems like a good way to make Saturday more Sufferlandrian. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last time I did the Stelvio on RGT it was 2 hours from start to finish. I’m carrying some additional weight this time so I expect to be a bit slower to ummm, really savour the misery. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I normally do it in about 2 hours too. But with the recovery intervals in TGTTOS, I’ll probbaly be only halfway up or less, once the workout ends.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried doing a workout in RGT yet. Can the workout just run in ERG mode while my avatar “climbs” the Stelvio?

Hello Sir @Rupert.H, would it be possible to have a TGTTOS RGT event for Friday after work, GMT? Say 6pm?

1 Like

Can’t be ready until this has been played.

Oh, and apparently stage 1 is now open. Surprise!

6 Likes

It’s open. Here’s me after completing stage 1:

8 Likes

looking fresh(ish).

Yes. Well, you choose ERG mode in RGT and, providing you are pedalling, your avatar will climb the Stelvio :slight_smile:

1 Like

Davis Phinney in Cash Register and Van der Poel in Revolver reminding Wahoo that the OG tour is called Tour of Sufferlandria. I wonder how long before they censure that ?

6 Likes

@Ovenpunch Revolver was just redone - not sure there are any plans to censure anything.

1 Like