Saddle Drop

I need a bike fit, but c****-19 has put a damper on that. Either my saddle hurts or my hands hurt, and if I try to get into a more aggressive position I’m too stretched out which causes arm and breathing and back problems, unless I use my clip on aero bars (which I can only use for a short time because… how do you keep your clip-on aero bars from rotating around your handlebars?). My saddle is forward. I bought a shorter stem. But, I think the real problem is my bike frame. I have a nice ti road bike I was gifted by my dad when he was unable to ride anymore. He’s slightly taller than 6’1" while I’m just under 5’11" and our body’s aren’t proportionally the same. He has a shorter torso and longer arms, etc. So, I think a bike fit will only help me so much and what I really need is a smaller frame. But, that’s not going to help me with the bike I have, now. And I don’t have the money or the desire to buy a second bike - I can only afford to slowly tinker with my current bike. Maybe after co$%#@id I can get a TT bike when i can do triathlons again, but that’s still a long way off. So, in the meantime, I just keep tinkering with minor adjustments and biding my time.

1 Like