Storming the castle with Sir Evan on Sunday 25

clockwise or counterclockwise? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m guessing both :wink:

3 Likes

Have to do both ways for balance, of course. Otherwise the muscles on one side would be bigger and I’d look more odd than I already do. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Good luck to you coming up in less than 48 hours! You can do this. :muscle:

The Sufferlandrian in you is strong!

#IWBMATTKYT #TWAAW

3 Likes

#IWBMATTKYT ! Only doing yoga today!!! Trying to keep my back from giving up :hot_face:

Going to be a huge day tomorrow, so excited and scared !

My wife loves goats and says she’s getting one with special eyes to keep me “motivated”
Uh oh…

4 Likes

Just a reminder of my insanity here’s my set list for tomorrow:

6 Likes

And if anyone else wants to donate to the fund for my mental health recovery … I mean the worthy charity I am supporting here is the link:
I am riding in support of a local charity that looks after young people facing challenges in Reading (England), please consider helping me raise funds if you can afford to.
https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/stevesufferlandria4startingpoint

6 Likes

PS I will be starting at 7am London time. Won’t finish until nearly 7pm - it’s a long one!
I will try and post some updates in the day and at the end.

5 Likes

May GvA be with you on this glorious journey to the castle! He may have a thing or 2 to say during ride #6. If the goat isn’t motivating enough, then perhaps his words will be.

3 Likes

Doing the same today. Was feeling great up until this morning. Now my back is tight and being obstinate. Doing lots of walking, stretching, yoga, ice, ibuprofen. Hoping my back falls back in line. It goes out every so often. This is just bad timing. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Please take a moment, seriously, to acknowledge to yourselves that there are many feelings surrounding this quest and that they are not ALL positive. Fear, apprehension, doubt, regret, dread, ambivalence, pressure to succeed, nervousness, etc are all perfectly normal feelings on the eve of a massive undertaking such as what you’ve each set out for yourselves.

These feelings, left unacknowledged, can show themselves in your bodies and in this case may, notwithstanding any structural deificits, be impacting your backs.

Of course there are positive feelings too. Excitement, anticipation, the rewards of an incredibly tough (some would think impossible) goal and the glow and joy and satisfaction of completing it and belonging to a very very special “club”.

Focus on those of course, keep your eyes on the prize but at least for a moment or two acknowledge the full psychic impact this event has on you.

You won’t regret it. I promise.

:older_man:t2:

8 Likes

Very knowledgeable and expert advice, Sir @Glen.Coutts.

And at this point I’m pretty certain I’m going to need to push off my attempt by a week maybe two. My body is telling me it needs a break, and I’m fairly certain even if my back is feeling better tomorrow it won’t be in KOS shape.

Discretion being the better part of valor (valour?) and all that.

5 Likes

I have 100% faith in your judgment for max suffering.

2 Likes

It’s 7:20am and I am underway!

2 Likes

My back spasmed 3 weeks ago after a fairly innocuous 2 hour ride. It actually went when I was washing my feet in the shower!
I’ve been nursing it for the last three weeks, but managed 2 rides last weekend pretty hard with limited soreness. So I’m going for it ! :crazy_face:
I might regret it later, but a lot of people have sponsored me… and my set up is glorious

9 Likes

Going to be 29^C here today!!! we don’t get that too often in England

4 Likes

Have a good ride! :muscle:

2 Likes

1 hour in

4 Likes

It seemed like a good idea at the time completed

Onto The Downward Spiral…

8 Likes

Stage 2 done. The Hunted next

6 Likes