Strava monthly fitness score

Hi I’ve been on Sufferfest and bow systm for the last two years. Completed a few training plans and my Strava monthly fitness keeps falling despite completing some brutal workouts.
The question I guess is am I getting fitter?
I am riding shorter distances over the winter, sticking to systm workouts as they appear in the plan and longer zone2/3 rides on Zwift on a Sunday.
Any idea where I stand?
Thanks

1 Like

The model used by Strava is based on total volume/TSS and is rubbish at estimating fitness gain from interval training. My Strava fitness was at an all time low at the start of the outdoor season this year after a winter riding Sufferfest training plans through the winter. First outdoor ride of the year on my local loop I nearly set a PB time despite riding with an average HR 20bpm lower than when I set my PB the year before!

3 Likes

I agree. I certainly feel fitter, can hold higher watts for longer but possibly need to work on longer endurance rides.
It just came as a shock to see it telling me My fitness is less than two years ago.
Glad to hear this is not only me seeing this.
Thanks

1 Like

+1

2 Likes

Half Monty, FF, resting HR and how you feel are some of the better indicators.

2 Likes

I agree. I’m due to do a half monty next week. Fingers crossed this will give me a timely confidence boost and add some motivation to shift the Christmas dinner.

1 Like