THE OFFICIAL 2023 ARBtWiT (formerly ARBToS)

Wait, do liquor filled chocolates count as chocolate milk?

5 Likes

I feel like you might check multiple boxes w that one, Sir @Glen.Coutts! Though given the packaging, will you be using them in-ride? Because then I’d think we’d have to rule them out as ARBtWiT’s.

:thinking:

1 Like

Now this is genius!

My ARBtWiT is chocolate milk. But specifically Puhoi Valley chocolate milk. Local dairy milk plus belgian chocolate melted thru. Those are literally the 2 ingredients. Soooooo good!

5 Likes

Wow. That would seem to be an ARBtWiT+ @DameLisa!

:flushed:

Bonus points for local and backstory, as stipulated. :wink:

1 Like

It comes in 250ml, 750ml and best of all, 1.5l for bikepacking and fits perfectly under the bungee cords on my saddle pack:

9 Likes

:man_cook:t3::kiss:

May I suggest expanding the poll items such as the one from last year? This will give people more choices. Is it fair to put chocolate milk (my choice), carbonated beverages, and sports drinks all in the “other” category.

OK, folks, the tWiT is upon us, and many of our fellow Sufferlandrians are already up the road, so time to kick things off!

STAGE 1 - CASH REGISTER + REVOLVER

Two rides demand Two Roads. Two Roads Brewing’s No Limits Hefeweizen, to be exact.

https://tworoadsbrewing.com/beer/no-limits-hefeweizen/

Let’s see what you’ve got!

:beers: :beers: :beers:

10 Likes

Here was my recovery drink after an appropriately tough beginning to the tour, so much glorious suffering in revolver after cash register) (side note: some nice credits and homages in those two videos to the TOS btw)

10 Likes

Man, someone should curate a beer selection to go with the stages.
For Stage 1, I went with my newest release from my local BJ’s beer club.
Pomegranate Porter in a 750ml bottle for the two videos. Not sure a pomegranate Porter pairs well, but it suited my recovery.

8 Likes

LOVE Maine Beer Company! I used their Woods and Waters IPA when they debuted it for last year’s tour! And a buddy of mine is retiring at the end of the month and having his farewell there.

:bear: :bear: :bear:

2 Likes

dd0

8 Likes

Pomegranate. Porter. Now there’s a new one. Can’t ever recall having (or brewing) a fruited porter. Full report, please!

My recovery, unconventional but always gagging for a cuppa after workouts!!

6 Likes

Got a few of these lined up after the shenanigans earlier.

3 Likes

@CPT_A Here is a pic of the empty can - had this ESB last night after the opening stage.

4 Likes

Does ice cream count?

Recovery with hot chocolate and chocolate, cherry and ginger ice cream. Both made with raw grass fed organic milk from a local farm and Peruvian 100% chocolate. Added some walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds
:drooling_face: :yum:

9 Likes

That look gorgeous! I can almost taste it…

1 Like

Now, now. :wink:

I’ve honestly always been curious about the stuff I see at Aldi. One of these days!

1 Like

And?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

The nitro bitter is an interesting take. Never seen that with a bitters. And Bunker Brewing is in Maine, huh? Lots of Maine love in the post so far this year!

1 Like