Third Annual Tour Recovery Beverage Poll

What is your Recovery Beverage for the TOS 2024?
You can make up to three choices. The poll closes at the end of the last stage.
For those of you who pick other, please comment and tell us what is missing.

• Beer
  • Carbonated Beverage
  • Chocolate Milk
  • Coffee
  • Hard Liquor
  • Milk
  • Sports Drink
  • Tea
  • Wine
  • Other
0 voters

Links to previous polls:

My other option will be recovery ice cream, especially on day 7, when I’ll definitely be having maple creemee. :icecream:

Or should this be included in (frozen) chocolate milk? :thinking:

2 Likes

Perhaps next year I should change this to the Recovery Food poll?

Protein shake. That’s my usual go-to recovery drink in the mornings after a workout.

Then coffee.

You should then vote for recovery and sports drink. Or do you think that a protein shake deserves a separate category?

I’d call it its own category. But it could be similar. :man_shrugging:

You should at least vote for Coffee as well.

1 Like

Done :white_check_mark:

I would put a protein shake as something other than a sports drink - that makes me think more like Gatorade or electrolyte replacement beverages. But maybe that’s just me being old enough to think that Sports Drink = Gatorade.

Edit: This reminds me that I haven’t eaten breakfast, yet. :confused:

1 Like

My other is orange juice with some Torani vanilla syrup. Taste is much like Creamsicle popsicle.

3 Likes

Wawa!!!

2 Likes

Agreed, protein shake should be a separate line item IMO.

2 Likes

Have a separate poll for recovery food. Pickled herring / rollmop needs to be in there of course (that’s what Sir Dave & co had to eat a couple years back right?). Although that was more “on bike nutrition” for them IIRC… :joy:

2 Likes

What is that?

Water

1 Like

Not doing either Tour (#sadface) due to recent illness and holiday leading to a significant lack of consistency, but did do HM today and am currently supping on a 13% imperial stout. It seems to be doing the trick.

5 Likes

A bottle of electrolyte replacing sports drink and a bottle of water immediately after the ride. Then a nice glass of Chianti from a small winery in Tuscany we visited last year!

Editing for clarity: the wine is with dinner a few hours later!

8 Likes

A dinner of liver and fava beans I assume?

4 Likes

Apparently, mud is a recovery drink. I read that somewhere. Twice :wink:

1 Like

Ha! Ha! No.
Pasta with spicy Italian sausage tonight!

2 Likes

Chocolate banana protein shake. It was especially sweet after the pain shakes from Blender today.

5 Likes