Turning pages instead of turning cranks

During the winter months and esp. during recovery I might try out an old fashioned book. Wondering if you might have read any of the following or could pick your favorite from the list or even add your own comment/suggestion for a bike-based read? (These 8 choices are off of Amazon) This list is about the riders

1. Major Taylor: The Inspiring Story of a Black Cyclist and the Men Who Helped Him Achieve Worldwide Fame by Conrad Kerber
  2. Three Weeks, Eight Seconds: Greg Lemond, Laurent Fignon, and the Epic Tour de France of 1989 by Nige Tassell
  3. The Loyal Lieutenant: Leading Out Lance and Pushing Through the Pain on the Rocky Road to Paris by George Hincapie
  4. The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France by Tyler Hamilton
  5. One-Way Ticket: Nine Lives on Two Wheels by Jonathan Vaughters
  6. The Climb: The Autobiography by Chris Froome
  7. My World by Peter Sagan
  8. The Tour According to G: My Journey to the Yellow Jersey by Geraint Thomas
1 Like

I am just about done with a different Major Taylor book, the one by Michael Kranish. It’s fantastic and you will learn a ton about all kinds of things. Assuming you are American, you may not like all the things you learn about our country…

1 Like

I liked Shut up legs by Jens Vogt.

Thanks for mentioning Tyler Hamilton - I’ve just bought a Kindle copy - it’s currently on offer at 99p in the UK!

I recently read and enjoyed “The Racer: The inside story of life on the road” by David Millar. It’s a very easy read and is structed in tiny “chapters” so a good choice if you want something to dip in and out of.

Yeah, I, too just finished the Shut Up Legs book (and that’s what prompted this post).

@trainingwheels I am currently reading Faster by Michael Hutchinson. It is a quick read and I am finding it interesting.

The Rider by Tim Krabbé. The Rider: Tim Krabbé: 8601400481127: Amazon.com: Books

From Santander to Santander by Peter Winnen (although I don’t know if there’s an English translation for it).